TAIT is the World Market Leader in designing, constructing and delivering the finest live event solutions in the world. Whether it’s creating awe-inspiring spectaculars, complex touring stages, theatre engineering solutions, brand activations or cruise ship installations, TAIT delivers world-class solutions for live experiences. With its proprietary entertainment automation platform, custom-made products, and creative engineering, TAIT’s cutting-edge offerings continue to advance industry standards and exceed client expectations. As a global network of over 600 employees in 12 office locations, TAIT has worked on projects in over 30 countries, all 7 continents and even outer space. TAIT’s diverse group of clients include Taylor Swift, Cirque Du Soleil, The Metropolitan Opera House, NASA, National Geographic, Beyoncé and The Olympics.
The Estimator role is key within the Projects PI (Permanent Installations) team, which acts as the external face, and internal hub for project delivery by the UK business. Typical projects are between £150,000 and £15,000,000 in value and may be delivered anywhere around the globe. To carry out the Estimator role effectively requires strong communication and constructive liaison with all disciplines within the business.
- Lead the preparation of realistic estimates to support business development and the management of projects.
- Gain buy in from all disciplines that they can deliver against the prepared budget.
- Interface with planning/scheduler to ensure accurate forecast data is fed into capacity plans for business operations resource groups.
- Build a database of past project costs and forecasting tools to inform future bids.
- Feed actual cost data back into estimating tools and keep them up to data.
- Develop templates and processes to improve consistent operation reporting and performance.
- Continuously seek to improve operational performance and data visibility.
- Demonstrable competence of mathematical aptitude.
- Familiarity with a wide variety of engineering design, manufacturing, and installation processes.
- Proficiency with MS office tools, notably Excel.
- Extensive experience of managing, interpreting and drawing conclusions from data.
- Experience of presenting data and the conclusions drawn from it in a cohesive and understandable format.
- Exposure to processes and planning in a variety of industrial sectors.
- Proven track record of developing templates based on data and validating and developing those templates as additional information becomes available.
- The key to success in this role is communication so the candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and able to liaise with others at all levels and departments within the company.
- Attention to detail and the ability to interpret data.
- Ability to look beyond the current state and seek opportunities for improvement.
- Ability to sensibly produce estimates with appropriate fidelity depending on the requirement and the time available (SWAG, ROM, detailed budget).
- Adaptability and flexibility collating and presenting data dependent on customer and bid requirements.
- Strong work ethic and focus on delivery.
- Supportive team player, calm and level headed.
- Willingness to take personal responsibility and work independently.
- Possess the right to work in the UK.
- Willingness for occasional extended working hours and some travel.
- Able to attend rare meetings out of normal office hours.
- Current UK driving licence.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a numerical subject.
- Knowledge and ability to use statistical methods for analysing and forecasting data.
- Experience of estimating turnkey projects.
- Experience of working within the construction industry.
- Proven record of improving operational processes.
- Interest in the performing arts or entertainment industry.
We do not use Recruitment Agencies and as such do not accept speculative CV’s. We will only review CVs sent in application for an advertised post. Any unsolicited CV’s received will be treated as the property of TAIT and Terms and Conditions associated with the use of such CV’s will be considered null and void.