This is about challenging how we do things, and paving the way to new ideas that reflect how we're evolving.
Corporate Responsibility is part of our core values, so you'll be on the front line, celebrating best practice with industry bodies, academic communities, retailers and suppliers. You'll enjoy a lot of responsibility and autonomy as you focus on our corporate responsibility strategy – advising the business and managing projects. It's about getting stuck in and making sure that best practice is at the heart of everything we do.
We do things our own way at Aldi. But whatever we're doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we're opening new stores at lightning speed. And that means managing our corporate responsibility is more crucial than ever before.
An opportunity has arisen to join a highly motivated team, all of whom have a drive for implementing change at every level of the business. This is a senior role in an area that receives a lot of attention, not only from the outside world but also across the rest of the business. You will be an incremental part of, delivering new and exciting initiatives, that change the way an organisation operates.
Focusing on our Corporate Responsibility strategy, you’ll define new CR policies through close consultation with Buying Directors, Suppliers and other external stakeholders. Your suggestions will challenge the way we do things and pave the way for new ideas that reflect how our business is evolving. Whether you’re advising the business or managing a project, you’ll be given plenty of responsibility and autonomy to showcase your skills.
The position would suit a quality-driven and motivated practitioner, able to work to tight deadlines.
Role and responsibilities:
• Taking ownership of Aldi GB&IE’s Plastics and Packaging Strategy.
• Managing Aldi’s performance against commitments made.
• Day to day management of the budget.
• Developing and implementing initiatives aimed at influencing internal and external stakeholders to make more sustainable choices.
• Promoting internal and external communications.
Key personal attributes:
• Demonstrates excellent understanding of the corporate responsibility agenda and trends relating to responsible business practices as well as a strong understanding of regulation and legislation.
• Proven ability in planning, organising and project management; able to prioritise multiple workstreams and meet key deadlines.
• Excellent written and presenting skills.
• Excellent mathematical skills and document accuracy.
• Strong stakeholder engagement and interpersonal skills with an ethical and transparent approach to working.
• Engaging and friendly, able to collaborate and bring colleagues on board with new initiatives.
• Flexible, able to change business plans as circumstances change.
• Resilient - comfortable working on multiple projects within a fast paced, fast changing working environment.
• Attention to detail.