The scale of property projects we're undertaking is huge. And you'll be the one to keep us in check.
Efficient, organised, on the ball. That's you. In this fast-paced role, you'll log requests for funds and invoices. It'll also see you produce site details and control all service charges, lease and rent information. Whatever the task, you'll put your all into it.
We do things our own way at Aldi. But whatever we're doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we're opening new stores at lightning speed. It means our property teams are always kept on their toes.
Energy and Environment Assistant
This role will involve supporting the Energy and Environment Manager to deliver ALDI UK & Ireland’s Energy and Environment Strategy. The topics will include energy, carbon & water management, data reporting and compliance, colleague engagement and financial planning. In addition, the successful candidate will be required to complete a number of general administrative tasks to support the team.
The role will involve collaboration with different departments across both national and international departments, in addition to a number of external consultants. The successful candidate will be required to build and manage these stakeholder relationships in order to help drive ALDI’s Energy and Environment Strategy.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing their own time to prioritise multiple tasks and deadlines across a variety of projects. This will include providing updates and seeking sign off from the Energy and Environment Manager at regular updates.
• Experience in an environment/sustainability related role
• Energy and carbon management
• Data reporting and compliance
• Knowledge of water management
• Financial planning experience
• Able to prioritise effectively - managing multiple projects at once
• Able to build strong relationships both internally and externally
• Strong attention to detail and tracking of costs / savings
• Highly proficient / advanced excel capabilities
• Able to work to tight deadlines and be flexible to business requirements
• Able to plan ahead with a strong sense of personal organisation
• Have a genuine passion and enthusiasm for sustainability
• Willing to ‘go the extra mile’
• Curious, conscientious and driven mind-set