In a nutshell, you'll make sure that Aldi products get from the suppliers through to our distribution sites across the country, to keep pace with our amazing growth.
This is about looking at the strategy to make sure every stage of the supply chain, right back to the source, works effectively. So you could be dealing with a supplier in Spain one week and Slough the next. You'll be trusted, encouraged and motivated to own an area of the supply chain and make the right decisions. It can be demanding, challenging and fast-paced. But if you're ready to apply yourself and keep improving, it can be hugely rewarding, too.
We do things our own way at Aldi. But whatever we're doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we're opening new stores at lightning speed. And without our Corporate Logistics team, there'd simply be no products in those stores.
National Supply Chain Manager
You will make sure that Aldi products get from the suppliers through to our distribution sites across the country, to keep pace with our amazing growth.
This is about looking at the strategy to make sure every stage of the supply chain, right back to the source, works effectively. Therefore, you could be dealing with a supplier in Spain one week and Slough the next. You will be trusted, encouraged and motivated to own an area of the Supply Chain and make the right decisions. It can be demanding, challenging and fast-paced. However, if you are ready to apply yourself and keep improving, it can be hugely rewarding, too.
You will be responsible for leading a strong internal team and ensure constructive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders of all levels.
• Leads, manages, develops and trains their NSCM Analysts. Assistants and Administrators.
• Develops and maintains constructive working relationships with logistics service providers. Manages Aldi Logistics service providers within contract guidelines, ensuring performance is monitored and recorded to aid in continuous improvement.
• Identifies, investigates and proposes cost saving opportunities within the supply chain and develops operational plans for implementation, while ensuring due diligence, stakeholder engagement, and accuracy of data is completed and up to date.
• Obtains and verifies transport rates from Logistics service providers to determine market rates for specific lanes.
• Reviews proposed logistics routes for operational viability and cost effectiveness.
• Conducts Logistics service provider audits in relation to movement of consignments, temperature and delivery window adherence.
Checks domestic and international freight invoices against contract rates in preparation for authorisation.
• Resolves any service provision issues that may arise in consultation with the National Supply Chain Director.
• Carries out visits to suppliers, Logistics service providers and freight forwarders where necessary.
• Monitors Logistics costs including fuel costs, freight costs and currency exchange rates.
• Works closely with other NSC Managers to ensure consistency, alignment and efficiency where areas overlap and to continuously improve service and cost.
• Develops and maintains a register of domestic and international freight rates ensuring information is up to date.
• Maintains a register of statutory requirements ensuring all information is up to date.
• Coordinates records ensuring information is up to date and accurate at all times.
• Ensures adherence to all legal requirements in his/her area of responsibility.
• Strong communication skills to ensure strong stakeholder engagement.
• Analytically minded in order to deliver a forecast to ensure maximum availability (if applicable).
• Supervises use of route optimization/transport management applications for inbound and outbound freight to ensure that region/division transport requirements are met on daily basis (if applicable).
• Calculates and confirms store delivery and backhaul charges (if applicable).
• Coordinates with internal/external route optimization application providers to resolve any system issues and maintain continuous operations of all logistics applications critical to route generation and escalate issue resolution as required (if applicable).
• Liaises with pallet pooling suppliers to coordinate and monitor national requirements (if applicable).
- 2:1 Degree / Equivalent or above
- Industry experience in a Management role
- Leadership, Team Management, Strong Communicator, Management of 3PL, Cost Savings, Budget Management