What you’ll be doing...
You will be joining the Verizon International Legal and Regulatory team, comprising of 75 professionals located across 17 countries. The team are responsible for legal, regulatory and public policy support for all Verizon entities outside of the USA. This role will sit within a specialist team responsible for corporate legal and company secretarial support
This role comprises of a broad spectrum of corporate legal work supporting Verizon’s wholly owned entities, primarily across EMEA and LATAM but with some additional work related to APAC.
- Dealing with corporate legal issues e.g. implementation of signing powers, support to Finance, Treasury and Tax functions, ad hoc corporate legal, company secretarial and compliance issues arising in any jurisdiction.
- Assisting with key Finance and Tax driven projects such as dividends, capital increases and reductions, intra-group financing (including loan assignment and set-off) and transfer pricing agreements.
- Treasury – Providing attorney level support to the Verizon Treasury function, including implementation of, and ongoing corporate governance relating to, notional cash pooling.
- Rationalizations – Rationalizing entities worldwide, including pre-rationalization steps (such as assignments and distributions), share and asset transfers, statutory mergers, liquidations, and dissolution/striking off.
- Accounting team support – Working with the Accounting function (and in some cases external Book Keepers) on country-specific matters requiring legal input.
- Advising Board Directors’ on their duties as they apply to proposed corporate transactions.
- Corporate Compliance – Monitoring legal developments and implementing new processes to ensure compliance with new corporate laws. Participation in ongoing process improvement initiatives across the team.
You will also be involved in supporting Compliance teams such as Anti-Bribery and Corruption, Environment, Health and Safety, Ethics Office, Security and Trade Compliance with local legal questions.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience
- Status as a fully qualified solicitor (or similar qualification)
- Post qualification work experience involving corporate law, within a private practice or in-house role
- Experience in working on International transactions, navigating legal processes and instructing Counsel in multiple jurisdictions
- Corporate law expertise related to the UK (or another major jurisdiction), including familiarity with requirements and processes under The Companies Act 2006.
- Financial knowledge in entity balance sheets and experience in advising on accounting aspects of corporate transactions such as dividends.
Even betterif youhave:
- A Master's degree
- Strong collaboration skills. Proven ability to work effectively with colleagues and other internal stakeholders at all levels
- Strong communication skills. The ability to communicate complex legal, business and factual issues and concepts in an effective manner
- Proactive approach to continuous improvement, idea development and problem solving, with the ability to think strategically
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- A logical and methodical approach to planning and analyzing transactions
- Experience in working for a technology or telecoms company
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.