Working closely with your Buying Director, you'll make sure that they have everything they need to negotiate the very best deals.
Our buying teams – if it's possible – have to move even quicker than the rest of the business. And they have to keep ahead of our customers too: second-guessing what they want and need before they do. You'll get involved in every aspect of the buying lifecycle, from putting together tender documents and crunching numbers, to preparing samples and reviewing market data. The proposals start with you.
We do things our own way at Aldi. But whatever we're doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we're opening new stores at lightning speed. And to keep on top of that wave, our buying teams have to do something pretty special to keep our customers coming back for more.
Systems and Applications Support Assistant
*12 month FTC*
The Systems and Applications Support Team is seeking an Assistant to join the team. The successful candidate will come into the team and build a thorough understanding of the department’s bespoke software mainly from a process point of view, but will also have opportunity see this from a technical perspective. They must be able to analyse and advise on areas of development and improvements as well as train users on how to use the systems.
The successful candidate will:
• Understand the process of the department and how these processes interact with our systems and applications
• Undertake user acceptance testing, providing feedback on testing results and be responsible for the decision making of what developments of the systems and reports will be released
• Support users with queries, questions and requests related to the systems used within the Buying Department
• First line support for the Buying Department in regards to system based questions and queries. Liaising with our National IT Team in cases which cannot be resolved in the first instance
• Support and assistance with creating reports for the Buying Department using our Data Warehouse and other systems
• Deliver one to one and classroom based training sessions and presentations on systems and applications, ranging from new starters to experienced users, from Administrator to Director level
• Create and maintain training documentation such as User Guides or Quick Reference Guides ensuring they are up to date and relevant
• Educated to A-levels or equivalent
• Experience in a busy office environment
• Excellent attention to detail
• Good standard of MS Excel skills and experience
• Experience of training others
• Ability to communicate professionally and effectively