Working closely with your Buying Director, you'll make sure that they have everything they need to negotiate the very best deals.
Our buying teams – if it's possible – have to move even quicker than the rest of the business. And they have to keep ahead of our customers too: second-guessing what they want and need before they do. You'll get involved in every aspect of the buying lifecycle, from putting together tender documents and crunching numbers, to preparing samples and reviewing market data. The proposals start with you.
We do things our own way at Aldi. But whatever we're doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we're opening new stores at lightning speed. And to keep on top of that wave, our buying teams have to do something pretty special to keep our customers coming back for more.
Specialbuy Theme Coordination Assistant
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Specials team as a Theme Coordination Assistant.
You would be responsible for coordinating, developing and proposing an exciting, relevant and evolving Specialbuy programme with the objective of maintaining and increasing customer interest.
Key responsibilities within this role include the following:
• Assist the Theme Coordination Manager in coordinating the bi-weekly Specialbuy programme for GB/IE including the online platform
• Provide the structure and information required to aid the Specialbuy Team in evaluating existing themes and products; developing recommendations for future promotions
• Monitor competitor activity including retail visits and weekly leaflet/online reviews to ensure promotions are in line with market timings and trends
• Monitor ALDI international activity including category reviews, themes and leaflets for new ideas or future developments
• Prepare on sale date reviews for the month in planning, including details of market activity, events and trends
• Manage the Specials plans for key KPIs including sales, margin and line numbers ensuring consistency across the plan
• Create weekly thematic merchandising plans for in store use for all Specialbuy OSDs
• Assist the Theme Coordination Manager in strategic Specialbuy planning for Key Events
• Prepare monthly reports and recommendations for departmental and national meetings, working groups and committees
• Assist the Specialbuy Team in driving innovation and excitement into the programme, liaising with international colleagues and conducting market research on new themes and product ideas
• Manage the coordination of key themes to ensure optimum impact on the on sale date
• Liaise with key licenses and market data providers to build and maintain new and existing relationships
• Attend relevant trade fairs and roadshows
• Act as the liaison on behalf of the Specialbuy Team with eCommerce, Communications, Marketing and Regions
• Liaise with the International Buying Department, representing GB/IE on Global Theme Planning
• Provide support to the Theme Coordination Manager in relation to Specials strategy and projects