The Economist Group is the leading source of analysis on international business and world affairs. We deliver our information through a range of formats, from newspapers and magazines to conferences and electronic services. What ties us together is the objectivity of our opinion, the originality of our insight and our advocacy of economic and political freedom around the world.
We are seeking an experienced Copywriter to support Economist Events and the Economist Intelligence Unit. The Economist Events team creates world-class events that truly bring the content of The Economist to life and the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) is the world leader in global business intelligence. The Copywriter will stay on top of current events to ensure our audience stays informed, develop product descriptions for the different businesses, and edit marketing collateral. The successful candidate will have previous editing/copywriting experience and a keen ability to stay on top of current news and events.
How you will contribute:
- Reacting at speed when an event occurs that is of importance to our audience, to ensure we keep them informed and surface content (timely and timeless) at the appropriate time
- Writing product descriptions that are accurate, clear and concise so that subscribers understand what the products are and how / when they might use them
- Sub-editing short-form (e.g. Online Banner Ads) and long-form (e.g. Direct Mail) marketing collateral so that it is consistent with house style
- Advising and mentoring our marketers so that they themselves can write better copy themselves
- Adhering to and improving our brand and copy guidelines
- Becoming the guardian of all marketing-related copy
The ideal skills for this role are:
- 3+ years preferred of previous copywriting experience
- Experience writing product descriptions and producing marketing collateral for a variety of B2B products/services
- Ability to work in a fast-paced events and news environment
- Previous editing experience a plus
- Keen ability to stay on top of current events