As our global Copy Editor, you will be the voice of the ACAMS brand. Based in our new Global Brand team, you’ll be the guardian for our tone of voice guidelines, leading in their implementation and adoption across the business.
You’ll also be a world-class copywriter. We’re creating a brand-new suite of core brand materials, and you’ll take the lead on developing copy for these. And, each year we launch many marketing campaigns that you will also support – either through new copy, or a review and reshape of existing assets.
Our community of financial crime prevention professionals spans the globe, encompassing B2B and B2C audiences, with members rang from new graduates right through to the C-suite. Your words will need to speak to all of them.
This role will help shape the voice of the ACAMS brand, for years to come. Are you our storyteller-in-chief?
- You’ll work with our Designed/Art Director to ensure that our words always match our visuals.
- All of our core brand materials are changing to reflect the new brand. You will lead the copywriting for these.
- You’ll create message houses for new sub-brands, and copy packets for campaigns based on creative briefs supplied by marketing campaign managers.
- You’ll need to quickly develop a deep understanding of our business model, the audiences we serve, and the way our organization is structured, to build the right relationships and sources of truth for your copywriting and editing.
- Copy doesn’t just belong to Marketing. As the tone of voice guardian, you will lead training and onboarding sessions for colleagues to ensure that the ACAMS tone of voice is understood, and successfully implemented at every customer touchpoint.
- This position is highly collaborative, so you have to be confident, proactive and assertive in order to seek out the most accurate and current information.
- We run many marketing campaigns each year across the globe, so you will need to be pragmatic, proactive, fast and methodical to ensure we deliver assets on time and to a high standard.
- You may manage freelance copywriters to produce additional campaign assets, during exceptionally busy periods. You’ll be responsible for the quality and consistency of their work.
- You’ll continually bring innovation to our storytelling – ensuring our brand continues to be seen as contemporary and aspirational.
- You are a native English speaker, and you will write copy in English. However, much of your copy will be translated into other languages, so an understanding of how language localisation affects the impact of copy is important.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of copywriting/copyediting experience
- A relevant degree
- Native English language fluency, with a second language preferred
- Mastery of grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Strong communication skills – able to confidently manage internal relationships to ensure you have up-to-date information to inform your writing, and to train staff on tone of voice guidelines
- An exceptional portfolio, demonstrating versatility and range, and the style of content that would appeal to our members and prospects
- Demonstrated awareness of B2C and B2C copywriting approaches, and knowledge of legal issues involved in publishing, like plagiarism and libel
- Exceptional attention to detail, even when managing content for multiple projects concurrently
- The ability to interrogate a brief, to find new and creative ways to present information
- Experience using project management systems (we use Monday.com)
- Excellent research skills
- A passion for storytelling!
- Fluent Written and Spoken English
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
The ACAMS is the largest international membership organization dedicated to enhancing the knowledge, skills, and expertise of AML/CTF and financial crime detection and prevention professionals. Our Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) credential and ACAMS Advanced Certifications, like CAMS-Audit and CAMS-FCI, are recognized as gold standards in AML certifications worldwide.
Members include representatives from financial institutions, regulatory bodies, law enforcement agencies, and other industry sectors. We help members reach their full potential by connecting them with like-minded professionals from all over the world through acams.org forums, international events, local chapters, and training opportunities including webinars, full-day seminars, international conferences, and live chats. Learn more about ACAMS, part of Adtalem Global Education, at www.acams.org.