- Arranging meetings, book conference rooms and liaise with other attendees, both internal and external.
- Manage diaries, ensuring they are up to date and reminding lawyers of meetings.
- Organising travel arrangements
- Arrange for files to be opened and closed, supervise general filing requirements and record keeping.
- Use effective systems to ensure that both short and long term tasks are completed within required timescales.
- Support lawyers in marketing activities including involvement in preparation of pitches and presentations.
- Liaising with Business Development and Marketing regarding arrangements for events and producing marketing material.
- Take internal and external telephone queries, responding as appropriate and/or ensuring that all messages are passed on in a timely manner.
- Monitor post and/or e-mails ensuring that all client related correspondence is passed on to an appropriate fee earner.
- Assist lawyers in the billing and credit control process by liaising with the lawyer and accounts and to produce standard financial/time reports through the system.
The Conveyancing Legal Secretary will have:
- Excellent telephone manner and competent knowledge of telephone system.
- Excellent communication, organisational and team skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Must be able to remain calm under pressure and work to tight deadlines.
- Be able to quickly build confidence, respect and trust with others.
- Have a positive approach to daily tasks and have a solutions focused working method.
- Typing speed of 50 WPM.
- Previous background within Legal or Business and Professional Services.
£20,000 to £24,000
The Conveyancing Legal Secretary role is to provide lawyers, including property lawyers with the administrative support and will get involved in all aspects of the management and execution of their allocated Lawyers' day to day workload.