We are Dematic, one of the world’s largest materials handling systems supplier. We have been delivering and developing our technology for 200 years. It’s our people and our technology that have helped to transform this industry, and we are continuing to grow faster than ever. New technology is shifting the way our customers think about automation and intralogistics. The 4th industrial revolution is upon us, and we are now seeing the introduction of new technology like robotics, new software and analytics to help drive efficiency.
At Dematic, we deliver solutions to our customers that help optimise their supply chain, improve performance and optimise productivity. Every day our automated and software technology solutions help to deliver 18.5 billion parcels worldwide every day. Warehouses and distributions centres are at the heart of the supply chain, which is our space. Our role is to find the most efficient way of getting goods from the start of their journey through to their exit and shipping off to consumers meeting their expectations and demands in a fast moving world.
This role is an exciting opportunity for you to join the team at Dematic helping to define and shape the future of materials handling solutions covering the UK region.
Main Job Objectives
· Understand / Develop and Produce, Health and Safety Design Risk Assessments for Automated solutions to BS EN ISO 12100.
· Maintain good relationships with all internal and external customers, through provision of a high-quality service.
· Maintain the Dematic image as a top quality, professional company, by adopting an honest, professional and attentive approach
- Essential: HNC/HND in Engineering subject
- Desirable: Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline
- Experience in a similar role is desirable
- Proven hands on experience working within an industrial automation environment
- Advanced understanding of PLC, SCADA development tools
- A working understanding of Electrical and Electronic technical manuals & drawings
- Good understanding of distributed control systems
- Working knowledge of FEM and BS standards governing the automated warehouse industry
- Previous use of CAD tools