Protecting value with strong Finance governance will remain as critical to Mars today as it will tomorrow, and why the Controllership workstream exists. We have a significant opportunity to bring Digital Technologies to this space, to simplify the lives of associates responsible for operating controls with automation, proactively managing financial risk for Mars as we grow with advanced AI and helping associates focus on adding value through user centric tools & technologies.
This role will own Technology delivery and partner directly with Controllership stakeholders and Product Owners to drive and deliver multiple initiatives within this broader stream with a user centric, Agile and AI/Automation first approach.
What you’ll do
- For multiple initiatives (Products & Projects) take full ownership of delivery of both the Technology aspects and methodology (Agile); from Design Thinking, Agile Sprints, tracking & management, budgets, etc. That also means closely collaborating with users from central teams, our segments and markets around the world to ensure we are solving the right problems. Building on that, you’ll use this direct user exposure to invent true ‘firsts’ - new and emerging approaches that Mars, and maybe even the industry, haven’t seen before.
- Manage and engage across internal Digital Technology teams, Partner vendors and co-pilots
- Own any relevant Technology directions & bring to decision, partnering with Enterprise Architecture, Information Security and other business & DT teams as necessary
- Evangelize, educate and embed the Digital Engine (User Centricity, Data & Analytics, Automation) in everything you deliver
- Ensure your initiatives are connected not only to the broader Controllership stream, but also beyond to the wider Digital Technologies FDSS program, flagging opportunities and risks appropriately.
What you’ll need
To do all this, you’ll need:
- A minimum of 3 years of exposure to or appreciation for Financial Operations, Controls, Risk Management and/or Governance either at Unit or Corporate level is preferred.
- Significant Technology experience, in defining, designing, building & deploying solutions at scale, working with both internal and partner/vendor teams.
- Significant experience working in and leading delivery of Products (solutions) in a User Centric way leveraging the Agile methodology (any flavor).
- Ideally experienced in, but at minimum very comfortable with modern technology opportunities across Data, Analytics, AI, Automation, Prescriptive & Predictive and how they relate to business problems/context.
- The ability to both lead technology teams and direction but also engage, educate & influence business stakeholders and take them on the journey.
- Experience working in a matrix environment where creating collaboration and influence are required for generating results
- Comfortable working with senior business stakeholder holders at a CFO and Corporate Controllership level.
Mars has defined a bold initiative to transform our Finance Data & Systems landscape, enabling Finance to be the architects of value creation and support agile digital-centric Service & Finance associates. Underpinning this transformation, and what makes it possible now are new & emerging Digital Technologies, and the need to introduce modern digital architectures powered by AI, automation and analytics.
Mars Digital Technologies and Finance teams are partnering closely to make this happen, and as such, this role will be an integral part of not only the Mars Digital Technologies team, but also be part of the Finance teams as they develop and execute their change & strategies.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.