Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you thrive working in a fast paced environment? Do you want to work for a leading global Logistics Company?
Do you want to have a job were you have 12 weeks annual leave per year?
HOYER is the market leader in the distribution of petroleum products across 11 European countries, including the United Kingdom. Our focus is on safety and quality, and we pride ourselves in delivering a world class service. Our ability to achieve high standards and an outstanding performance is totally dependent on our people, at every level in our organisation.
Summary of the role:
Our controllers have direct responsibility for ensuring that the delivery schedules for over 300 vehicles are completed on time and in full.
Our ideal candidate will have experience of dispatching and controlling work using planning software. You will be responsible for ensuring that plans are vetted for errors and used to co-ordinate the drivers during the shift in order to ensure that their individual schedules are implemented and completed safely, this will also include advising customers of any delays or changes to their deliveries. You will be required to resolve any issues that arise during the shift and demonstrate continuous improvement against various internal and external service and efficiency KPIs. Liaising with the Planning Supervisor and field management team, in order to ensure that resources are provided at the appropriate times and that downtime in resource is escalated and managed, is a key part of the role. You will also be required to assist the Customer Service Administrators in investigating customer complaints and delivery queries.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with logistics experience to move to an industry leading third party logistics provider in a specialist sector.
Hours of work: Working a shift pattern of approximately 33 hours per week that covers days, nights and weekends.
As well as a competitive holiday allowance and a Company pension scheme, HOYER offers the following:
- 12 weeks’ holiday allowance built into the shift pattern.
- Wellbeing scheme – including an Employee Assistance Programme.
- Shift allowance.
- Incentive bonus.
- Free onsite parking.
- Vodafone mobile discounts.
- Cycle2Work scheme.
- Private healthcare.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Life assurance.
Appropriate structured training and development.
Essential: The successful individual will -
- Have a confident and friendly telephone manner and be able to liaise with people at all levels of our organisation.
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Be a team player who is able to work to individual and shared deadlines.
- Be proficient in IT, particularly Microsoft Office - Outlook and Excel.
- Live within a commutable distance away (45 minutes).
- Be flexible in their working hours, and have the ability to cover shifts when required.
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to build effective working relationships.
- Have the ability to work a shift pattern that covers mornings, evenings, nights, and weekends.
Desirable: The successful individual will:
- Have working knowledge of UK geography.
- Have working knowledge of WinDMS.
- Have an understanding of Drivers’ Hours Regulations.
- Be CPC qualified, or hold other transport industry qualifications.
- Be educated to A-Level (or equivalent) standard.
- Have experience of working in “just in time” road-haulage environment, dealing directly with drivers.
- Have experience working in the transport industry.
If you feel you have the necessary experience and qualifications, please apply now.
£1,116 Shift Allowance Per Annum and eligible for an Attendance Bonus of £1,070 per annum paid quarterley