Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry.
Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines, cell therapies and classic pharmaceuticals. Pall offers advanced medical technologies, which are often a patient’s last line of defense from dangerous pathogens. Pall’s food and beverage products provide critical protection from contaminants during various manufacturing steps.
Pall Industrial serves a diverse range of customers in the microelectronics, aerospace, fuels, petrochemical, chemical, automotive, and power generation industries. Pall is a key supplier to the innovative and demanding semiconductor and consumer electronics industries, and provides filtration products used in critical applications on commercial and military aerospace vehicles. Pall products are key to the reliability of industrial equipment. Pall’s engineered solutions help municipal and industrial customers address mounting water quality, scarcity and demand issues, and help energy companies maximize production and develop commercially successful next generation fuels.
Headquartered in Port Washington, New York, Pall has offices and plants throughout the world.
To learn more about Pall, please visit https://www.pall.com/en/about-pall.html.
We are currentlyseeking a Control Systems Engineer to support our growing business.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a large, dynamic and faced paced global organisation. An opportunity has now become available for a Control Systems Engineer to join the team here at our Ilfracombe site.
As a Control Systems Engineer at Pall you will be providing Control Systems Engineering support and guidance to the site.
If you’re looking for a typical boring Control Systems role to plod along in then please don’t apply. However, if you are passionate about problem solving and have bucket loads of enthusiasm with a drive to succeed then please get in touch.
Role and Duties:
- Participate in Operational Excellence activities including Lean Manufacturing and Kaizen events.
- Support production lines in vital areas of the business producing quality critical product.
- Technical assessment of control systems for production equipment and processes.
- Conduct investigations to resolve any internal and external issues
- Create and complete corrective actions.
- Maintain and create technical documentation such as Manuals, Training Instructions and Specifications pertaining to the area of expertise.
- Define, justify and implement cost savings, and/or process and procedural enhancements.
- Provide support to the manufacturing teams and lines.
- Use knowledge and experience to complete validation techniques such as FAT, SAT, IQOQPQ, i.e. machine commissioning.
- Involved in new machine design
- Prepare and present reports and/or statistical information in regard to Control Systems Engineering
Basic Qualifications/ Experience:
- Degree level in Controls, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Experience working in a Manufacturing environment
- Experience in software development and programming
- Capable of software and hardware design
- Able to demonstrate experience of control systems and equipment, such as Servo Control, PID Loop and SCADA.
- Working knowledge of ROCKWELL/OMRON/ALLEN BRADLEY/GE FANUC/SIEMENS.
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and be able to drive through improvements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to present information concisely and effectively.
- Ability to read and understand wiring and pneumatic diagrams.
- Familiar with personal computers and competent using MSExcel, MSWord, MSPowerpoint, MSProject and other WIN10 applications.
Interested? Join the PALL Team!
If you would like to explore this exciting opportunity further and find out more about our competitive salary package, please do not hesitate to contact us!