Operations - Control room OperatorPosition title
Control Room TechnicianContract
Permanent ContractContractual hours
This is a great opportunity to work as part of our control room team at Wytch Farm Oil Field near Corfe Castle, Wareham, Dorset.
Wytch Farm produces from 12 remote well sites, via infield flow lines to a central oil & gas gathering station, where separation, stabilisation, water injection, gas compression/drying/fractionation, oil export, power generation, sales gas export, LPG storage and LPG export takes place.
You will be responsible for monitoring, control and optimisation of the process operations and well sites to meet HSE and production targets. In addition, first line response in emergency situations, call out of OSC and IMT and coordination of ESD and EDP systems and initiation of site muster are a requirement of this position.
This role operates on a regular shift pattern of 3 days, 4 nights, 3 off, then 4 days, 3 nights and 11 off, 12 hour shifts.
Key responsibilities include:
• Conducting audits and safety inputs in line with personal safety commitments.
• Act as front line emergency response contact.
• Receive, record and inform Site Manager and Operations Site Controller of any reported incidents.
• Monitor safety systems status and report defects/faults.
• Maintain a good working knowledge of safety, operational and emergency response procedures and know how to locate relevant procedures as the need arises.
• Minimise unplanned losses to atmosphere.
• Report any unsafe plant conditions or equipment operating outside its design envelope to the Operations Site Controller.
• Monitor plant performance using trends, respond to alarms appropriately and make adjustments to optimise production throughput and plant efficiency.
• Front line fault/alarm/trip investigation.
• Highlight any unusual process deviations or support requests to Operations Site Controller in timely manner.
• Accurately report the previous days production figures to the Operations Site Controller.
• Proactively look at ways of improving operations and discuss options with Operations Site Controller. Chase actions to closure.
• Ensure plant operations remain within defined operational limits.
• Start-up/shutdown of plant and equipment in line with approved operating procedures.
• Maintain up to date override log.
• Participate in performance improvement initiatives to contribute to continuous improvement of asset.
• Participate in kick off and scoping meetings for activities as requested by the Operations Site Controller or Deputy Site Manager.
• Participate in risk assessments for up and coming work to identify key issues up front.
• Enquire about priorities with Operations Site Controller if activity requests clash.
• Support work site activity in line with 7 day plan activities, coordinate shutdown/start-up of plant equipment in conjunction with outside operators.
• Respond to queries from site operators, contractors and project teams.
To be discussed-
• Keep real time detailed log covering day and night activities both in relation to control room and equipment status.
• Be the main communications centre for radio traffic and phone calls in relation to plant and well site activities.
• Enter quality data into Maximo, thus maintaining accurate experiences and suggesting proactive improvements.
• Attend safety briefings and actively participate.
• Keep Operations Site Controller informed of major issues; liaise with Operations Support Engineers and production team to deliver new information or obtain opinions.
• Direct outside operators using clear and concise instructions.
Safety & Environmentally Critical Tasks:
There are a number of Safety Critical Tasks that you will be made aware of and systems you will be required to competently operate.
Experience / Qualifications:
• At least 5 years' experience as production technician or equivalent.
• Recognised process apprenticeship would be desirable but not essential.
• Computer literacy is essential.
• Extensive knowledge of control room equipment and site emergency response procedures.
• Ability to plan and organise your work, be a good communicator, self-motivated and be an active team player.
At Perenco we value and reward our people, offering competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits including:
• Discretionary Bonus
• Private Medical Insurance
• Flexible Benefit Allowance
• Life Assurance
• Excellent Pension Provision
Europe, United Kingdom, Wytch Farm (Dorset)Candidate criteriaEducation level