DuPont Teijin Films is the world’s leading supplier of PET and PEN polyester films. Over 2,500 people work with us around the world while, here in Dumfries, our team of over 200 operate a modern, efficient polymer and film manfacturing operation.
DuPont Teijin Films have an opportunity for an experienced Control/Electrical Technician to join our maintenance team.
Successful applicants will have completed a recognised apprenticeship, in Control/Electrical Engineering and will have at least 3 years of experience carrying out a similar role in a manufacturing/industrial environment.
You will become part of a flexible plant team required to maintain production equipment and maximize availability of the production assets through a combination of reactive, proactive, preventative and predictive maintenance methods.
Comprehensive training & development will be given to the successful candidate.
This role comes with a competitive remuneration package dependent on skills and experience including company pension and health cover.
Candidates will be required to have the correct work permit.
- Completed recognised apprenticeship in Control/Electrical Engineering
- Experience of Computerised Maintenance Management System desirable.
- General working knowledge of PLC systems in particular Siemens S7 and Allen Bradley would be advantageous.
- Experience of operation and integration of SCADA systems. Experience of control instrumentation and systems associated with process control.
- Sound understanding of 3 phase AC distribution. Variable speed drive experience – both AC and DC.
- Understanding and experience of statutory electrical tests and inspections.
- Ability to work and communicate in a team.
- Adaptable and flexible to support on site outside of normal working hours when required.