Kier Construction is looking to recruit a Contract Manager, who will report to the Operations Manager. The successful candidate will manage, plan and co-ordinate the activities of the site(s) management contract in relation to labour, materials, transport, plant and contracted services to meet the programme of work and contracted/statutory obligations.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and manage expenditure within agreed budgets
- Ultimately ensure that each statutory compliance obligation is invariably met with regards to applicable plant and equipment
- Liaison with Contracts Manager to ensure all conditions of the contract are being met and there is efficient and effective utilisation of labour, materials, plant and equipment within the allocated budgets
- Manage and monitor site activities and physical progress of work for site safety, quality and environmental responsibilities
- Ensure that a highly skilled and disciplined workforce is maintained within a safe system of work
- Initiate and implement an on-call duty roster to ensure the adequate response to emergency call-outs
- Engage, monitor and manage the deployment of appropriate and suitably qualified contractors
- Ensure that the Training matrix is kept up to date and returned monthly - maintain a register of competencies for each member of staff employed and ensure that records of training are maintained
- Prioritise the use of resources both direct and indirect
- Produce operational reports & attend monthly/quarterly/annual meetings to present contract performance overview
- Ensure compliance with all KPI’s and SLA’s
- Formal reporting, which includes; Monthly Internal Regional Budget Income & Expenditure; Monthly/Quarterly/Annual Client liaison & reports and meetings, Formal Site Meetings (weekly/monthly) with Client and Weekly site team briefing meetings with site teams as required
- Provide advice, guidance and support on contract matters
- Holders of a Full UK Drivers licence and able to drive
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a related subject.
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Commercially aware
- Fully conversant with current Health & Safety, CDM and statutory building regulations
- Management experience of leading a team and understanding of working with contractual requirements and KPI’s
- Possess excellent team leader skills and a professional nature
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient IT skills
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together.