BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, is looking for a HR Generalist/Office Manager to support the London team, aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated functions. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations, performance management, on-boarding, policy implementation & management, internal communications, compliance, event planning, office management & Exec Assistance. In this full-time position, you will work to ensure a smooth-running office and positive employee experience as well as provide day-to-day administrative support to the local executive team. The ideal candidate will be extremely agile, organised and passionate about creating and maintaining a welcoming and enjoyable work environment for our employees and guests.
Note: This is a fixed term 1 year assignment.
What You'll Do
- Be the go-to person for general employment related questions for the London team
- Ensure all people operational and administrative activities for the London team are carried-out in adherence to local and global standards
- Support administration and communications of People programs for the London team
- Partner with the recruiting team to schedule interviews for local candidates and ensure a positive experience during onsite interviews
- Support the HRBP team's efforts by actively contributing to the development of department goals, objectives and systems that support not only the efforts of the People & Culture department but the company's strategic direction.
- Provide day to day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions) in partnership with HRBPs.
- Manage and resolve employee relations issues, including PIP's, and conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations in partnership with HRBPs.
- Work with HRBPs to drive execution of HR/COE programs including, but not limited to talent assessments, career pathing and succession planning.
- Manage the development, implementation, maintenance and legal compliance of HR policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines.
- Support internal communications to ensure understanding of People & Culture programs ensuring consistency and alignment with BigCommerce's brand identity, strategic direction, philosophies and tone.
- Identify, review and analyse local trends & internal data to recommend solutions to HRBPs to improve performance, retention, and employee experience.
- Assist with processing employee changes, terminations and conducting exit interviews.
- Assist with initiatives and projects that span across the globe and across functions.
- Maintain in depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Maintain positive relationships with managers and employees to promote our culture of open communication.
- Support the onboarding process for new employees
Office Management Responsibilities:
- Respond to employee requests about office equipment, furniture, supplies, and building maintenance issues, escalate if necessary proper channels (Global Facilities, IT, etc.)
- Keeping local facilities page on Confluence up to date and relevant
- Manage office inventory & order office supplies and snacks as needed
- Welcome visitors, escort guests and ensure they have met internal security requirements
- Manage security badges
- Ensure empty desks are set up for visitors
- Act as an extension of the IT department to issue equipment and proactively identify concerns and escalate as needed.
- Work closely with the Director of Real Estate & Facilities regarding current and future facility needs.
- Ensure office is tidy and organised, straighten up as needed
- Support company and office culture and events (events may occur after normal business hours and/or on weekends which may require your presence before, during and after the event)
- Support onsite events for employees and outside guests
- Support planning and execution of off-site sales & marketing events, mainly driving logistics and coordination
- Complete ad hoc projects as needed
- All other duties as assigned
- Assist with booking meeting rooms in the building
- Keep track of cultural spending throughout the year on a spreadsheet
Exec Assistant Responsibilities:
- Manage work calendar for local executive including scheduling on their behalf on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
- Coordinate local executive travel including flights, hotels, ground transportation and itinerary planning for domestic and international travel
- In-office administration duties as required (meeting preparation, team communication, meetups, etc).
- Prepare expense reconciliations for local executive and work with internal accounts team
Who You Are
- 2+ years experience in Human Resources, preferably within the technology industry and/or at a high growth, rapidly evolving company.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Organisational Psychology, or Communications preferred.
- CIPD HR Certification a plus
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation, employee relations, talent management, recruiting and federal and state employment laws.
- A well-rounded HR skillset, a true generalist who is hungry to apply their skills in a wide range of areas.
- Capability to apply discretion and sound judgment in managing complex processes, decisions and handling sensitive information.
- Strong working knowledge of employment laws and regulations and the ability to appropriately spot employment risk issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills, projects confidence and builds trust easily.
- Ability to work within compressed timeframes and embrace the sense of urgency, innovation and resourcefulness required in a fast-paced company.
- Self-starter with demonstrated success through collaboration and teamwork, and effective managing multiple competing priorities and projects.
- Positive, viewing challenges as opportunities that you translate into actionable items.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilise Google products, MS Office products, Excel-wizardry a plus
- Strong organisational skills, detail oriented and analytical
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Driven and results oriented, yet humble.
- Amazing human being who strives to make the lives of others better - a must.
- Customer oriented with a true desire to be of service - a passion for going above & beyond
- Self-motivated, open-minded, and flexible to deal with occasional ambiguity
- Ability to practice absolute discretion and to maintain as confidential all company, departmental and other proprietary, and sensitive information
- Ability to work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with a smile and a sense of humor
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
Current BigCommerce Employees: Please use the internal job board to apply for openings