Catalent is a leading provider of advanced technologies and outsourced services for the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and consumer health industry. Catalent develops, manufactures, packages and distributes pharmaceutical and other products for customers in nearly 100 countries. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=65rz3LwTPX8
Catalent require a Continuous Improvement Engineer to join our Swindon manufacturing facility.
The role will support and develop both the Production Engineering Team and Site Utilities Team and support the daily operation as well as drive improvements and reliability in isolation and with the relevant engineering teams. The role will provide additional technical support to resolve breakdowns and ensure knowledge is passed through to the production engineers.
- To produce electrical and mechanical solutions to problems via design and manufacture of parts or procedures.
- To support the site in all aspects of continuous improvements and daily support functions.
- Develop and review engineering systems to make them more effective and reliable.
- Carry out analysis of plant downtime
- Raising and managing Change Control activities related to Engineering and process improvements.
- Supporting current and future Engineering activities in Zydis operations to upgrade existing equipment.
- To work with all internal departments to support improvements requiring modifications to the production equipment.
- Liaise with outside contractors to ensure best practice compliance.
- To design and implement mechanical engineering solutions with a hands-on approach to implementation.
Skills and experience
- Full time served engineering apprenticeship (C&G 2365, BTEC Level 3 or equivalent) Mechanical/electrical/ Mechatronics engineer with at least 3 years’ post apprenticeship experience in an Engineering role.
- Use of a design package such as AutoCad or Solid works an advantage but not essential .
- A positive attitude, open to change, with a proactive approach and a passionate attitude to success, being results orientated and focused on continuous improvement.
- Able to influence / collaborate at differing levels within the organization.
- Analytical thinker able to critically assess requirements and select “best fit” approach.
Competitive Salary, Bonus & Pension