The Economist Group is the leading source of analysis on international business and world affairs. We deliver our information through a range of formats, from newspapers and magazines to conferences and electronic services. What ties us together is the objectivity of our opinion, the originality of our insight and our advocacy of economic and political freedom around the world.
The demand for content-driven marketing programmes is expanding at a rapid pace. The Economist’s content marketing, research and sponsorship business has been producing high quality, custom thought leadership content for over 25 years and is an integral part of The Economist Group’s growth strategy.
We are recruiting a Content Strategist who will play a key role in the development and delivery of integrated content programmes that deliver on client marketing objectives. This is a hybrid role that covers both the pre-sale process and the delivery of branded content programmes. As such the successful candidate will have both copywriting/editorial skills and experience of creating branded content in response to a brief from a client.
How will you contribute?
- Effectively understand and interrogate a client brief
- Adeptly use insights to craft solutions and solve problems
- Be a creative thinker, generate and develop creative ideas that will appeal to a client’s target audience and speak to a client’s brand story in a compelling way
- Proven writing and editing skills
- Clearly articulate ideas verbally and on paper
- Comfortable writing a powerpoint presentation as well as an article or video script
- Have a design sensibility and be able to envision how content can be presented beyond written formats
- An understanding of online user experiences; the pros and cons of different platforms and the most suitable types of content for those channels
- Be comfortable overseeing delivery of a programme and talking to freelance contributors
Experience, skills and professional attributes
The ideal skills for this role are:
- Experience in a marketing organisation, publisher or creative/media agency in relevant roles
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experience developing content recommendations and programs for clients that span paid, owned and earned platforms
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment developing multiple projects at once
- An understanding of the content marketing landscape and areas of opportunity for us. Experience with B2B brands
- Interest in the content marketing landscape
- Creative, analytic and strategic thinking and a disciplined executional approach
- Effectiveness as a team member and at relationship building and collaboration
- Excellent storytelling, communications (written & verbal) and presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing and content formats
- Good Powerpoint skills and proficiency with MS Office as a whole