Content Marketing Executive
Job-type: Full-time, permanent
Salary: £23,000 - £25,000 per year + £5,000 commission
BlueVenn is a technology company that provides marketing automation, analytics, AI and data management platforms to some of the biggest brands on the planet. Our solutions are used by well-known consumer brands (in retail, travel/leisure, insurance, publishing and media markets) to deliver highly targeted, personalised, multi-channel campaigns. The technology ensures that our clients can deliver the right message, at the right time, to the right person and on the right device. With offices in the UK, US and France we serve clients across 12 countries and operate in an exciting, innovative market.
About the Marketing Team you'll be working with:
You will join a team of 7 in the marketing department that all work in tandem to optimise the awareness of the brand, the generation of leads, the cultivation of those leads and the delivery of qualified leads into the Sales Team.
The BlueVenn marketing team is responsible for all lead generation globally across 3 business brands with particular focus on the UK, US and Western Europe markets. You will need to be able to adapt your tone and consider cultural differences. Some travel to our US offices may be required at times, as well as attendance at events and conferences that BlueVenn attend.
The team operates horizontally, rather than vertically, which means that everyone contributes, including our hands-on Marketing Director, and you'll be encouraged to provide new ideas and always be on the lookout for new, innovative ways to improve the entire marketing function. This means perhaps stepping out of your comfort zone with confidence, accountability and visibility.
The Role of Content Marketing Executive:
This role is suitable for an ambitious marketer that has a particular skill in writing good, engaging and knowledgeable copy, and an understanding of modern methods of content marketing, SEO and demand generation. These modern methods need to encapsulate visual and audio content as well as written content, but requires a keen passion for being a great "wordsmith”.
You will need to be able to take complex (and sometimes conceptual) subjects and turn them into unique, clear and digestible blogs, ebooks, articles, web pages and other forms of content. With a huge resource of experts within the business (who are keen to help and contribute), you'll need to be able to work with the relevant people in the business to extract crucial knowledge from their brains and convert into unique content.
As a marketer, you will understand the importance of lead generation and SEO in everything that you do and write, and be able to work to sometimes tight deadlines, doing what it takes to make sure you deliver.
You will want to bring your own content ideas and make your mark in a company that rewards hard work and results. You will be able to produce good quality copy and work closely with the rest of the team who will help you as much as you help them.
Duties and Responsibilities of Content Marketing Executive:
- Create between 6 to 10 thought leadership articles (blogs, bylines and articles) on topics and subjects relevant to BlueVenn that will drive awareness, leads and conversions.
- Create regular eBooks, White Papers, Infographics and other downloadable content.
- Manage, develop and contribute to a successful blogging strategy.
- Work with the Marketing team, designers and other departments to author and develop web content, email content and sales collateral.
- Author press releases, case studies and conduct client interviews to maintain a consistent stream of client-related content.
- Work with PR, SEO and other external agencies.
- Work with the whole marketing team to contribute to the SEO strategy.
- Proof reading and checking of all written material, understanding that the content being produced will be seen by thousands of senior level marketers every month.
Skills of a Content Marketing Executive:
Most important to us is that we employ the right person that can fit into the existing team and have the same beliefs in working hard to generate good quality leads. We work intimately with the Sales and Business Development teams to ensure that we have a joined up approach to new business, and we support all other departments to contribute to the entire customer journey from awareness to customer success.
We work in an environment of continual improvement in the belief that we can always do better and you'll need to bring the same perfectionist attitude to your own work, as well as the confidence to constructively critique and criticise.
Skills that may be beneficial include:
- Knowledge, or demonstrable experience, in Account Based Marketing best practices.
- Examples that show-off strong copywriting capabilities.
- A sound and demonstrable knowledge of content marketing best practice
- Knowledge, or demonstrable experience, using Hubspot or other B2B Marketing Automation tools.
- Knowledge and ideas to move prospects through a content funnel from awareness, to consideration, to purchase and beyond.
Ideally you will have been working in a similar role already for at least one year, although we're keen to meet you if you think you'll ace this role and can back up your passion with some demonstrable experience.
- Salary of £23,000-£25,000 per year +£5,000 commission
- All roles have 25 days holiday
- Private health
- Pension 3% personal / 5% company,
- Share options after probation.
To apply to our vacancy for a Content Marketing Executive, please click Apply and submit a copy of your CV for consideration.
We look forward to hearing from you!
+ £5,000 commission