United Kingdom-LondonPrimary Location: United Kingdom-Leeds
The Content Manager is responsible for helping to oversee the day to day content management of the DLA Piper International intranet. This includes developing and implementing policies and standards to ensure effective and engaging content that meets the information needs of the firm. Working seamlessly with both the Internal Communications team and the Intranet and Client Services IT Operations teams, the content manager will help to lead a global community of content owners and editors, and maintain overall quality control on all page content.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Broadly skilled in information and communications. Has experience of working with intranets and engaging/influencing stakeholders. Skilled at writing and editing for impact, digital design, and networking across the firm to generate content and keep the intranet current and relevant.
- Help to uphold intranet governance and strategy, including the set-up and coordination of an intranet content and governance committee
- Work with the committee, IT service operations and internal communication stakeholders to define and deliver an intranet strategy and roadmap that best meets the needs of the firm
- Champion the strategic use of the intranet as our primary communications and business centre, demonstrating business benefits and driving adoption
- Work with Intranet IT service operations, our intranet software supplier and other key stakeholders to define priorities for requests for new functionality and tools
- Support a multi-national community of content owners and editors, coordinating their efforts, encouraging collaboration and driving a consistent approach
- Take ownership for editorial control across the intranet to ensure content and communications standards and guidelines are met
- Develop, maintain and monitor compliance with intranet content policies and standards.
- Perform regular reviews of existing content for validity and relevance
- Play an active role in helping to manage information architecture and content quality to ensure clarity and consistency
- Manage the content of the intranet homepage to maintain a good balance of content and tools..
- Draft new content and edit submitted content to promote one consistent DLA Piper tone and voice.
- Improve findability of content through information architecture, search functionality improvements and effective use of tagging
- Consult with business partners on improving information sharing through timely, accurate and user-focused content
- Liaise with local communicators and intranet content owners to ensure they have the knowledge, tools and skillsets required for their role
Understanding User Requirements:
- Build and evolve understanding of how colleagues consume information on the intranet and what types of content colleagues need to access, create and share
Measuring and Evaluating:
- Monitor intranet usage using appropriate tools to gauge effectiveness of content and provide insightful analytics to key stakeholders
- Coordinate regular focus groups to obtain feedback on site limitations, suggestions and improvement
- Communication and written expression
- Managing intranet content through CMS, ideally SharePoint
- Strong understanding of principles of information architecture design for intranets
- Common intranet technology
- Common web technology and web design eg HTML, CSS
- Photo editing
Ways of Working
- Client service - Forges relationships with clients that deliver high levels of satisfaction and quality
- Influencing and negotiation - Effectively enlists support from others
- One team working - Works as part of a global team to deliver seamless solutions
- Leading and developing others - Helps others maximise their performance and potential
- Communications - Is able to make their message heard, understood and acted upon
- Innovation - Applies new ideas that change the established way of thinking or working
- Managing change - Ensures change is implemented smoothly, with maximum take up and lasting benefits
- Data and insight - Uses data and insight to create confidence and credibility and deliver business outcomes
- Anticipating and resolving issues - Provides solutions that deliver beneficial outcomes for the client and the firm
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive- we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative- we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold- we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional- we exceed standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We know that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.
United Kingdom-LondonPrimary Location: United Kingdom-Leeds
Source : DLA Piper