Our people love the exciting and meaningful work they do, the cutting-edge resources and technology they have access to, the benefits we offer and the great community we’ve built. Want to join them?
The successful candidate will:
- Scope, commission, write, and edit digital content across all relevant channels
- (web, mobile, social media)
- Manage relationships with subject matter experts to make sure content is
- Be accountable for delivering content assets that are accurate, timely, high-quality
- and to the department’s style
- Be accountable for choosing the best format for displaying information to the user
- Make sure appropriate policy and legal checking takes place
- Identify ways to improve the content and to iteratively improve the product
- Extensive experience of writing for the web, with proven ability to create
- accessible and usable content
- Using metrics and user feedback to define/refine content
- Working with content publishing systems
- Delivering alongside designers and developers as part of an agile team
- Experience in a relevant role either agency or client side
- Developing content strategy, for example content audit and analysis, governance
- guidelines, content mapping, style guidelines
- Excellent ability to write for the web and create accessible, usable content
- Make complex language and processes simple to understand
- Using metrics and user feedback to define and refine content
- Be able to explain decisions clearly and communicate effectively with anyone
- involved in the project
- Understanding of information architecture, interaction design and visual design
- Good time management and ability to work independently
- Understanding of assisted digital support and accessibility principles
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of user research and the techniques used to gather, define and
- understand user needs
- Experience working in a digital agency environment and on large agile projects
- Experience and knowledge of content strategy methods, including audit, content
- mapping, developing content guidelines
Include a portfolio with examples of your work.
Our work is both challenging and rewarding. You’ll need a positive attitude and the ability to work independently, to adapt your style and practices in order to respond to changing circumstances.
You will need to be highly flexible, including willingness to travel frequently and work away from your home base.
Kainos is a professional services organisation with clients spread across the globe and we deliver projects both from client site, and from our offices. While we will attempt to base you on projects near or at your contracted office location, you need to be willing to travel to client sites and spend time away during the week if it is required.
Given the range and nature of work that we carry out for our clients, all Kainos employees are required to possesses up to date security clearance (Basic Disclosure, Access NI etc.), if you do not already possess this, you will be asked to apply for it prior to joining Kainos.
WHO YOU ARE:
Our vision is to enable outstanding people to create digital solutions that have a positive impact on people’s lives. Our values aren't abstract; they are the behaviours we expect from each other every day and underpin everything that we do. We expect everyone to display our values by being determined in how obstacles are overcome; honest when dealing with others; respectful of how you treat others; creative to find solutions to complex problems and cooperative by sharing information, knowledge and experience. These values, applied collectively, help to produce an outstanding Kainos person, team and culture.