Wood is currently recruiting for an experienced Contaminated Land / Geoenvironmental Consultant or Senior Consultant to join and contribute to our successful and expanding Remediation and Ground Engineering team in Leeds. We are seeking to grow our world class team to ensure we continue to deliver the high calibre of service and technical excellence both we and our clients expect.
We have an opportunity for a Contaminated Land / Geoenvironmental professional supporting our broad range of public and private sector clients on a variety of projects, within the UK, Europe and globally. Key requirements include technical knowledge and robustness, flexibility and the desire to continue improving performance in all aspects of your role.
- Delivery of technical elements of projects and proposals within agreed budgets in relation to time, cost and quality.
- Supervision of site works, including managing subcontractors and leading site teams across a range of projects.
- Managing project health and safety on site including preparation of project HSSE plans and method statements.
- Data management, interpretation and assessment to identify potential risks and constraints to any future development, including checking work undertaken by others.
- Management of projects and tasks, including supervision of technical delivery to ensure a high quality output.
- Ensuring that all work is delivered in line with procedures and processes and to the highest safety, health and environmental standards, to budget and programme.
- Demonstratable experience in a similar role.
- Relevant technical degree e.g. chemistry, engineering, geology or environmental science.
- A higher degree in contaminated land, hydrogeology, geotechnical engineering, or similar, is desirable.
- A full UK driving licence is required.
- Experience of delivering assessment of land contamination within the UK regulatory framework with regard to current and future use of a site.
- Experience in the planning, designing and supervision/leading of ground investigations.
- Experience with the design and site work associated with remediation of land contamination.
- Ability to present technical information in a concise and accurate manner.
Skills / Attributes
- Communicate effectively, listen and engage, including communicating technical information effectively verbally and in writing both internally and externally.
- Ability to innovate and develop in your technical area and to continually seek to improve performance in all aspects of role.
- Work in collaborative project teams to achieve results by effective communication, sharing of information etc.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel, stay away from home and to work across the UK and overseas for specific projects or longer-term assignments.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.