Employer Oliver Wyman
Job Title Consultant (Associate)
Salary Range Competitive
Date of Posting 26 September 2018
Closing Date 24 October 2018
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 50+ cities across 25 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. Our 3,000+ professionals help clients optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Our professionals see what others don't, challenge conventional thinking, and consistently deliver innovative, customized solutions. As a result, we have a tangible impact on clients’ top and bottom lines. Our clients are the CEOs and executive teams of the top Global 1000 companies.
Transportation & Services
Oliver Wyman’s Transportation & Services Practice advises railroads, motor carriers, maritime, supply chain and logistics integrators, postal companies, express and freight transport business, as well as governments and regulators to help shape the face of the industry. With deep industry expertise, our consulting team helps clients stay ahead of the competition by working with them on their most challenging problems around strategic growth, digital transformation, operational improvement, and organizational effectiveness.
This position offers excellent career and growth opportunities for talented, highly motivated professionals with significant prior experience. As a professional member of our firm, your initial responsibilities will include:
- Managing the execution of individual project modules. This typically includes developing hypotheses, managing data collection, model creation and analyses, conducting primary and secondary research, creatively tackling information limitations, and surfacing insights.
- Supporting our Partner group in project delivery through accurate and high quality case execution
- Owning and developing executive client relationships, presenting to a wide range of audiences, and working day-to-day with clients and other stakeholders.
- Reporting to Engagement Managers and Principals, effectively seeking guidance on technical and senior-level steer to projects
- Coaching junior consultants and helping them develop their skill setsDesired Skills and Experience
- This role will serve as the primary contact point for senior client executives and Oliver Wyman consultants staffed on client engagements. While specific responsibilities will vary based on previous experience the ideal candidate will have the following:
- 4-6 years of experience in strategy consulting and/or transportation & services industry experience
- Strong background in conceptual problem solving and analytical skills
- Track record of leading and managing teams and delivering against tight deadlines in fast paced and demanding environments
- Outstanding communication skills; confidence in presenting to senior executives
- MBA from a leading university
- Willingness to travel
How to Apply:
Please email a covering letter and CV to Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org
Respondents are deemed to consent to the release of information to our client when submitting their details. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Applicants have four weeks from the date of posting to reply to this vacancy.
This advert will expire on 24 October 2018.
Please note this advert has been posted by Magrath Sheldrick LLP on behalf of Oliver
Wyman. Employment will be with Oliver Wyman.
It is important that you read Magrath Sheldrick LLP’s privacy terms and understand how we process data and monitor communications. Please paste this link into your browser to see our Privacy Notice: http://www.magrath.co.uk/magrath-sheldrick-llp-privacy-notice-client-candidates.