Cristal and its 4,500 employees across five continents are proud market leaders in manufacturing titanium products. Cristal provides numerous products and services to industries around the globe, from pigments to coatings to colorings.
We are passionate about pursuing perfection in our work and we strive to help our customers by providing innovative solutions that break through the barriers of traditional product offerings. Our people make Cristal’s ongoing success possible and through their passion, talent and commitment they help us to make the world brighter.
About the Role
As a Construction Leader, you will provide construction expertise to the design and planning of installation and pre- commissioning work across the manufacturing site and then manage its timely execution. Work predominantly consists of installing new capital projects although can also cover upgrades and modifications to existing assets with all engineering trades covered from civil/building and structural to more traditional mechanical and piping installations with associated electrical and control instrumentation .
You will be accountable for the supervision of construction and commissioning activities related to works performed by sub-contractors and/or direct hire labour and will be line responsible for a number of Construction Supervisors.
You will act as the Principal Contractor on behalf of Cristal to ensure that the duties of the Principal Contractor, as defined by the CDM Regulations, are fully complied with.
To be considered for this position you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate (preferred)
- HNC / HND in Mechanical Engineering preferred or other relevant Engineering discipline.
- Significant previous experience in a construction supervision role / construction management role on multi-discipline heavy engineering projects on operating plants in the process industry
- Ability to manage a team of multi-disciplined internal and external contractors to ensure the effective delivery of the Stallingborough site project construction portfolio.
- Experience of shutdown (turnaround) work
- Must be an effective communicator as the role requires frequent communication, both written and verbal, at all levels of the organisation
- Knowledge of engineering standards other than core discipline
- Experience of the procedures and pre-construction checks and balances that have to be in place for the safe management of construction work in a top tier COMAH environment is essential.
- Experience of leading teams and/or line management experience within a chemical manufacturing process environment; preferably a top tier COMAH Site
Our UK site is based in Stallingborough in North East Lincolnshire on the bank of the River Humber. The local area boasts a rich diversity of historic towns, villages, rolling hills and sandy beaches and its surrounding countryside is famous for its beauty. Our site employs around 400 people and is the largest Chlorine process plant in Europe.
The site has a long term strategic plan to increase capacity and optimise and increase efficiencies which will be achieved through employee led projects and initiatives.
At Cristal developing our employees is very important to us so we provide a wide range of career paths, offering everyone the opportunity to broaden their experience, advance and build a professionally rewarding career. We invest in training to enable both professional and personal development and we offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes an annual bonus, pension scheme and 25 days annual leave.