- Requisition ID: 223116
- Relocation Authorised: National - Single
- Location: Various Locations, UK
- Other Requirements: Ability to obtain & maintain required SC security clearance
Bechtel is a trusted engineering, construction and project management partner to industry and government. Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact. Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Bechtel serves the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. www.bechtel.com
Multi-year UK nuclear infrastructure programme for which Bechtel will provide PMO (including Project, Engineering, Commercial and Construction Management) services. This programme involves a multi—billion investment in nuclear and non-nuclear facilities.
The Construction Facilities Management and Logistics Supervisor will have a direct reporting line to Site Construction Manager and a matrix reporting line to the GBU Construction function.
- Supervises Facilities Management (FM) & Logistics for the construction site (including welfare); responsible to ensure the safe, timely, and economical operation of site facilities, and movement of equipment, materials and personnel to meet project requirements.
- Works with client and other stakeholders to establish optimal logistics procedures that comply with the wider secure/operating site environment and which comply to local planning authority constraints (traffic volumes / timings, parking limitations, materials movement routings, etc).
- Supports the onboarding of Bechtel, Client and Contractor personnel.
- Ensures the timely and accurate completion of construction site performance reports to satisfy project information requirements including, but not limited to;
- Daily/weekly site labour returns
- Environmental performance data
- Waste consignments
- Construction temporary facilities, welfare, office maintenance and safety routines
- Logistics data (advance notifications / log of completed materials & plant deliveries / etc)
- Provides input on estimates, transportability, service, and terms and conditions analysis as requested to assist with project proposals, materials/equipment purchases, and the selection of FM and Logistics service providers.
- Prepares contract documents and technical bid analysis of relevant tenders for provision of FM and Logistics services for approval by project and/or client management.
- Supports negotiation of FM and Logistics services agreements to maximize commercial and technical interests. Represents Construction FM & Logistics at supplier/contractor kick-off meetings. Maintains oversight of FM and Logistics service providers.
- Develops Facility Management & Logistics costs, job-hour requirements and reports for project or functional budget formation and management.
- Conducts annual performance reviews and assists with development plans for assigned personnel.
- Ensures safety and environmental requirements are integrated into all FM & Logistics activities.
- Significant UK experience in managing Construction site facilities and logistics
- The position is open to United Kingdom (UK) Nationals only. UK/US dual citizens may be considered.
- This position is also subject to a successful interview and agreement upon terms and conditions of employment. Candidate must be able to obtain an SC security clearance.
- Experience in supervising direct staff and providing oversight of hard and soft FM suppliers and contractors
- Demonstrated knowledge of UK Construction H&S standards and welfare requirements
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Understanding of environmental issues in major construction projects
- Skill in the preparation and presentation of oral and written reports.
- Knowledge of Bechtel Construction and Procurement policies and procedures
- Experience in construction facilities management and logistics in high security environments e.g. Defence or Nuclear or equivalent.
- Knowledge of marine work, hazardous materials and waste management
- Familiar with Principal Contractor duties under CDM 2015 as regards site facilities e.g. welfare, traffic management etc.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.