Requisition ID: 228617
PENDING NOTICE TO PROCEED
Multi-year UK nuclear infrastructure programme for which Bechtel will provide PMO (including Project, Engineering, Commercial and Construction Management) services. This programme involves a multi—billion investment in nuclear and non-nuclear facilities.
The Construction Facilities Management and Logistics Supervisor will have a direct reporting line to Construction FM and Logistics Supervisor and a matrix reporting line to the GBU Construction function.
- Performs Facilities Management (FM) & Logistics for the construction site (including welfare); to ensure the safe, timely, and economical operation of site facilities, and movement of equipment, materials and personnel to meet project requirements.
- Ensures compliance to project logistics procedures that support with the wider secure/operating site environment and which comply to local planning authority constraints (traffic volumes / timings, parking limitations, materials movement routings, etc).
- Collates construction site performance reports to satisfy project information requirements including, but not limited to;
- Daily/weekly site labour returns
- Environmental performance data
- Waste consignments
- Construction temporary facilities, welfare, office maintenance and safety routines
- Logistics data (advance notifications / log of completed materials & plant deliveries / etc)
- Provides input on estimates, transportability, service, and terms and conditions analysis as requested to assist with project proposals, materials/equipment purchases, and the selection of FM and Logistics service providers.
- Assists with preparation of contract documents and technical bid analysis of relevant tenders for provision of FM and Logistics services for approval by project and/or client management.
- Assists negotiation of FM and Logistics services agreements to maximize commercial and technical interests. Represents Construction FM & Logistics at supplier/contractor kick-off meetings. Assists in provision of oversight of FM and Logistics service providers.
- May deputise for the Construction FM and Logistics Supervisor.
- Ensures safety and environmental requirements are integrated into all FM & Logistics activities.
- Experience in managing Construction/Industrial site facilities and/or logistics
- The position is open to United Kingdom (UK) Nationals only. UK/US dual citizens may be considered.
- This position is also subject to a successful interview and agreement upon terms and conditions of employment. Candidate must be able to obtain an SC security clearance.
- Experience in supervising direct staff and/or providing oversight of hard and soft FM suppliers and contractors
- Demonstrated knowledge of UK Construction H&S standards and welfare requirements
- Understanding of environmental issues in construction
- Effective communication skills oral and written.
- Knowledge of Bechtel Construction and Procurement policies and procedures
- Experience in construction facilities management and logistics in high security environments e.g. Defence or Nuclear or equivalent.
- Knowledge of marine work, hazardous materials and waste management
- Familiar with Principal Contractor duties under CDM 2015 as regards site facilities e.g. welfare, traffic management etc.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain SC--Security Clearance
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.