Requisition ID: 216551
Delivery Partner role based at the Client offices in west London. The project comprises the management, coordination and delivery of a Development Consent Order (DCO) application for the expansion of Heathrow which is classified as a Nationally Significant Infrastructure Project (NSIP).
Leads construction engineers in a broad range of construction engineering work within a specific engineering discipline for a particular area of the project. Provides engineering assistance to superintendents, directs assigned personnel in meeting cost and time schedules, verifies materials, equipment, and quality and assures results meet design requirements.
For salary grade determination, see Addendum.
A. Supervision Received
- Receives technical and operational supervision from supervising construction engineer or assigned supervising discipline superintendent.
B. Supervision Exercised
- Provides technical and administrative direction to subordinate construction engineers and others, as assigned.
- Jobsite contacts are with superintendents and subcontractor’s personnel associated with construction engineering.
- Continuous interfacing with client personnel, pertaining to negotiations on subcontract changes.
- Interface with the engineering design functional group to identify and resolve design- related issues as implemented in the field.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Responsible for the activities of assigned construction engineers, such as the application of drawings, specifications, and subcontracts.
- Directs preparation of quantity listings of field purchased material and equipment. Initiates requisitions for field purchases.
- Supervises preparation of construction drawings and schedules. Supervises design of temporary construction facilities and ensures preparation of “as built” drawings and other job plans.
- Assists subordinate construction engineers and superintendents in:
- Interpreting design drawings.
- Monitoring equipment installation and planning for delivery of construction materials and equipment.
- Assuring that proper warehousing and storage exists to ensure environmental protection.
- Reviews specifications, purchase orders, subcontracts, inspection reports, delivery schedules, instruction manuals and technical data.
- Administers assigned subcontracts to ensure contract remains up to date in areas such as drawings, specifications, cost and schedule.
- Coordinates with the Field Construction Manager on activities affecting the contract administration operation.
- Coordinates with engineering design on constructability issues.
- Supervises subcontractor work efforts and administers routine subcontract changes and interfaces with client personnel. May represent the company in contractual discussions and negotiations.
- Reviews and/or supervises, as assigned, the preparation of construction estimates, cost engineering studies, schedules and budgets.
- Analyzes assigned construction activities to determine the scope, time and resource requirements.
- Ensures that vendors’ bids for material and equipment are in conformance to specifications.
- Coordinates the interfacing between the construction automation plan and the project controls program at the jobsite. Reviews project controls documents on progress relating to cost and schedule.
- Performs personnel evaluation of assigned subordinate personnel and ensures they receive progressive training.
- May direct minimal numbers of manual craft field forces during project closeout.
- Works with various functions to ensure the project achieves corporate goals set for environmental, safety & health, quality, cost, and schedule.
- Technical knowledge of a specialized engineering discipline, cost, scheduling and/or contracts administration relating to the construction of heavy industrial or commercial complexes.
- Demonstrated leadership in a team-based environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the application and requirements of the Project Environmental, Safety & Health (ES&H) Handbook and the Bechtel Core Processes as they relate to area of responsibility.
- Familiar with Bechtel’s Business Ethics handbook and policies.
- Prior experience supervising and administering subcontractors.
- Knowledge of Bechtel’s “Zero Accidents” safety program.
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications in accordance with current Bechtel Standard Application Program (BSAP) standards.
- Knowledge of the use of subcontracts; knowledge of the contractor/ subcontractor’s responsibilities contained in subcontract documents.
This knowledge is normally gained through:
- A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, OR
- Specialized courses in construction management, AND/OR
- Work experience as a construction engineer, engineer or assistant superintendent leading to an understanding of the technical knowledge described above.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.