The post holder will work closely with other members of the IT Service Management team to develop the Service Management toolset application, undertaking ongoing Continuous Service Improvement activities, and liaising with all ITS staff to ensure that processes and procedures are embedded and managed effectively. This person will be a great influencer and have a certain level of gravitas when dealing with stakeholders worldwide.
• Define the configuration strategy to build a robust and consistent way of working.
• Working with asset owners to delegate and responsibilities in line with business needs. Develops, documents and publishes Configuration Management standards, Configuration Management Plans and procedures, ensuring that these documents are up to date
• Ensures the defined Configuration Management processes and procedures are adhered to by staff carrying out the tasks of Configuration Management and where appropriate initiates appropriate training to rectify non-conformance
• Initiates either internal or external audits to check that the physical IT inventory is consistent with the CMDB/ CMS and takes appropriate corrective action
• Assists internal/ external auditors to audit activities of the Configuration Management team for compliance with defined procedures and where appropriate, corrective action is undertaken
• Ensure that Configuration Management provides appropriate management information reports for processes such as Problem Management, Change Management as and when required
• Continuously evaluates existing Service Management tools to ensure that it is configured to meet requirements of the defined process and procedures, so when changes are made to process and procedures it is ensured that this is implemented within the Service Management tool
• Undertake ongoing Continuous Service Improvement (CSIP) activities for the process
• Conduct research and development activities to underpin and support future IT procurement of hardware and related assets.
• Develop and prepare specifications for IT hardware products and toolsets ordered
• Monitor internal procedures to ensure compliance with Experian IT organisation procedures
• Pro-actively identify risks and take steps to mitigate these
• Collaborate with business constituents, project teams, IT staff and stakeholders as needed to ensure that processes and procedures are embedded and managed effectively.
• Liaise effectively with all staff to ensure Configuration Management and Hardware Asset Management processes and procedures are embedded and properly managed
• Have proven experience in a configuration management role within a large and complex structured organisation
• Have strong stakeholder management experience
• A level of gravitas to influence key stakeholders
• working knowledge of Service Operations, ITIL and ITSM practices and how they have been adapted to a fast paced, Global business
• Experience of Implementing and maintaining service reporting systems using agreed ITIL-based management processes across the organization.
• Knowledge of Hardware & Software Asset Management processes and procedures
• Knowledge of technology purchasing processes and procedures
• Experience of defining, measuring and regularly reporting on KPIs and metrics for IT Support services
• Proven ability of ownership of the UK&I Configuration Management processes with regular reviews to drive continual improvement
• Agreeing clear objectives, meet deadlines and problem-solve in a pressured environment.
Why choose us?
Our colleagues' health and wellbeing is a top priority for us, that's why our reward, benefits and wellbeing programmes are designed so you can come to work feeling your very best self. Our benefits focus on health, money and lifestyle so you can tailor your benefits to your own personal needs. Whether it's your physical and mental wellness, getting to work or planning for the future, we have a range of flexible options to have you covered!
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and to creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. Our flexible working practices support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our business as well as our people. Some roles lend themselves to flexible options more than others, and if this is important to you, we are open to discussing agile working opportunities during the hiring process.
Who are Experian?
We unlock the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. At life's big moments - from buying a home or car, to sending a child to university, to growing a business exponentially by connecting it with new customers - we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence so they can maximize every opportunity.
For more than 125 years, we've helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish - and we're not done.
Our 17,200 people in 44 countries believe the possibilities for you, and our world, are growing. We're investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with Experian.