Ibstock plc is a market leading manufacturer and partner of choice for innovative clay and concrete building products, building the face of Britain for over 200 years.
We’re no ordinary manufacturing business. Through our principal products of clay bricks, brick components, concrete roof tiles, concrete stone masonry substitutes, concrete fencing, pre-stressed concrete products and concrete rail products, we’re committed to providing new solutions to today’s social and environmental challenges for the new build housing and domestic repair, maintenance, improvement markets (RMI) and infrastructure.
Many of our long-standing customer relationships have lasted over 40 years. Our customer focus is based on quality, service and consistency and our service-led ethos is one of the key drivers in the growth of our market share over the past 10 years.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced and pro-active Concrete Batcher to be based on our site in Dewsbury.
- To effectively operate a batching plant to the standards required by the company using laid down procedures
- To ensure the site, plant, buildings and equipment are kept in a clean and tidy condition and to maintain security at all times
- To maintain accurate materials/stock dates as required
- To ensure that all technical testing required for the production of concrete at the plant is carried out to the correct standards and timescales
- To supervise other staff and drivers at the plant so as to ensure optimum productivity without compromising health and safety, environmental, or QA standard
- To maintain awareness/ compliance with the company’s health and safety and environmental policies and communicate perceived/ known no conformances immediately to the appropriate department head
Key Skills & Experience:
- Working knowledge of concrete production, plant and materials would be an advantage
- Great communication skills
- Ability to plan organise and prioritise own work load
- Composure under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent IT Literacy
- Strong customer focus