Compliance Oversight is a key part of Nationwide’s second line of defence. Alongside our Prudential and Operational risk colleagues, we are responsible for ensuring the Society delivers its strategy in a safe and controlled way, appropriately balancing risk and reward. We undertake risk-based reviews on products, projects, processes and frameworks; and act in an agile way to provide real-time challenge on high risk products and propositions to ensure that Nationwide remains compliant and delivers fair member outcomes.
- A Reviewer for our Compliance Oversight function
- £35,309 - £46,000 a year on a permanent full time contract
- Send in your application by 18/11/2019
Who we're looking for
As a minimum you’ll need to have or be:
- Good knowledge of FCA and PRA regulatory handbooks and how these are applied in practice
- Good knowledge and experience of identifying key Conduct and Compliance risks in financial services products, services, and cross-firm regulatory initiatives
- Hold, or be working towards, a relevant industry-recognised compliance qualification
- A confident communicator both verbally and written, who is comfortable to effectively engage and influence senior stakeholders
- A naturally curious and inquisitive approach to work, proactively questioning the status quo where appropriate.
- Resilient and not shy away from having difficult conversations.
Ideally you will also:
- Have experience of working in an assurance, audit or controls testing type role
- Have a background in financial services
What you'll be doing
- Reporting to a Senior Manager, you will be responsible for delivering assigned elements of regulatory reviews to a high standard and within deadlines
- Raising and documenting control issues and tracking their resolution
- Using your communications skills to build long-lasting and effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Using your influencing and negotiating skills to achieve effective outcomes
- Supporting the team to effectively risk prioritize future reviews and identify key areas of oversight coverage for the annual plan
- Contribute to improving focus/efficiency of planned work
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme