Marlborough is a rapidly growing investment group that manages more than £9.5 billion for over 200,000 clients and employs some of the UK’s most respected fund managers. The group has its headquarters in Bolton and offices in London, Staffordshire, Guernsey and Dublin. The companies in the group – Marlborough Fund Managers, Marlborough Investment Management, Marlborough International, Investment Fund Services Limited (IFSL) and IFSL International – employ more than 180 people.
Marlborough’s success has been built on leading the way in knowledge of the investment industry, service quality, product understanding and added value for our investors. As we continue with our ambitious growth plans, we are looking for talented people who share our values and can help us ensure they remain at the heart of the business. That means putting our investors at the forefront of everything we do and constantly striving for excellence in the service we deliver.
In addition to receiving a comprehensive benefits package, successful candidates will join a team who are committed to collaborative working in an environment where personal and professional development are genuinely valued
As the business continues to grow, so do the responsibilities of our internal compliance team hence we are looking to recruit a new headcount into the team as a Compliance Monitoring Analyst. The Compliance Monitoring Analyst will be a trusted business partner with the capacity to get things done, through persuasion, collaboration and effective communication. You will be responsible for delivering monitoring reviews, as set out in the annual compliance monitoring plan.
Key duties include:
- Be able to prepare for a monitoring review by; undertaking business intelligence, drafting a terms of reference and setting up a plan for delivery of the review.
- Independently carry out a monitoring review by; undertaking the fieldwork, recording evidence and reaching conclusions on the effectiveness of controls.
- Produce a monitoring review report by; drafting a report findings and conclusions, and agreeing management actions with the business.
- Be able to track management actions to satisfactory conclusion.
- Promote a strong compliant culture within the business.
Suitable applicants will have at least 3 years compliance monitoring experience. Although not essential, preference will be given to applicants with fund operations (UCITS / AIFS) experience. Other essential experience includes:
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Able to prioritise & work to strict deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good stakeholder management, at all levels.
- Able to persuade and influence.
- Good numeric skills.
- Able to problem solve.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Work collaboratively as part of a team
- Able to work under pressure
- Positive attitude
- Flexible and able to learn quickly
- Friendly and approachable
- Ability to make a positive contribution to both the team and the Company
- Interest in financial services
- Competitive salary of £28,000 - £34,000 DOE with annual salary reviews
- 25 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
- 9% non-contributory pension
- Annual discretionary bonus scheme
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Death in Service at 5 x annual salary
- 35 hour working week
- Training for IOC and other relevant qualifications
- Exam completion bonus £500 (IOC)
- Study leave
- Cycle 2 work scheme
- Eye test reimbursement
- Your birthday off
- Christmas party and paid for social events during the year
- 13 weeks fully paid maternity leave
- 2 weeks fully paid paternity leave
- Perkbox membership - access to more than a hundred rewards, ranging from free food in major UK restaurants, to movie tickets, to phone insurance and more.