At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Job Title: MIS Data & Funding Compliance Manager
Reports to Job Holder: Head of Apprenticeships
Terms: Full time
Founded initially in 1958 by Sir Joseph Pope, Professor of Mechanical Engineering at Nottingham University, TQ Education and Training Limited (PearsonTQ) is a leading education and training provider in the UK, designing, developing and delivering training solutions for public and private sector clients.
As part of the international arm of Pearson, the globe’s largest learning company, Pearson is known in over 70 countries worldwide and employs over 48,000 people. Pearson has an unrivalled international track record in schools, higher education, English language teaching, vocational qualification and skills training, Assessment and school improvement, supporting our ambitions to improve lifelong learning on a global scale.TQ’s complete training offer touches upon a broad range of vocational education and training capabilities.
We deliver industry leading training to all businesses and industries large or small and have key competencies in Technical & vocational Training, Leadership and Development Training, Training Centre Management and Further Education.
TQ are proud of our people. We recruit only the most skilled, knowledgeable and qualified trainers and staff, who are selected in accordance with the project, their industry experience and a strict quality assurance process. Team working is a way of life at TQ; we work together as a team to ensure we provide nothing short of excellence for our customers.
As part of Pearson the World’s largest learning company together we are passionate about our goal to help others reach their full potential through learning and education.
People who share in our success demonstrate a high degree of personal initiative, with the capability to commit to our targets and take ownership of their work. TQ employees are motivated by change, excited about possibility, and true to our culture of bravery, decency, and imagination.
It is the responsibility of the MIS Apprenticeship Data Funding and Compliance Manager to manage the mitigation of data and compliance risk and monitor effective and efficient use of data and compliance systems in relation to the contractual Apprenticeship funding requirements of all external bodies.
The MIS Apprenticeship Data Funding and Compliance Manager is a new operational resource within Pearson TQ introduced to support the MIS Apprenticeship data and funding compliance for the Pearson TQ Apprenticeship provision.
● To ensure the mitigation of data and compliance risk in relation to the contractual Apprenticeship funding requirements of all external bodies. This relates principally to ESFA funded contracts and also the identification and escalation of other potential risks across the organisation in relation to other funded provision. Monitor efficiently the use of the data and compliance systems to ensure accurate and timely reporting in accordance with internal and external stakeholder requirements. Produce management reporting of contract performance in relation to:
○ Achievement rates (QAR), inc Timely Success rates
○ At Risk
○ Performance of subcontractors
○ Breaks in Learning
● Manage the staff associated with Apprenticeship and any other funding and some other financial matters across the Pearson TQ contracts.
● Manage the procurement and maintenance of MIS related IT systems and ensure compliance with customer, stakeholder and Pearson plc IT and IT security requirements.
● Implementation and management of the risk mitigation process – in relation to external funding bodies and also internal business requirements.
● Management of the data and compliance ensuring effectiveness and efficiency is maintained whilst also meeting internal and external stakeholder needs, whether government funded or levy.
● Monitor all funding contracts performance against profile volumes and finances and identify any over or under performance.
● Ensure that records are compliant and on the ILR without unnecessary delay so that income is maximised and timely and operations colleagues have robust valid and reliable data to manage provision.
● Ensure that the MIS is maintained with key contract and set up information and updated where necessary when changes to contracts or funding regulations occur.
● Support the company growth in funded contracts by liaising with business heads and supporting tender/ growth case submissions.
● To ensure you have and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the Funding Methodology, ILR Specification and ILR Validation Rules.
● Contract compliance of subcontractors, managing the ESFA contract declarations and monitoring contract values, indicating over and under performance against profile and contract values.
● Ensure monthly uploads are conducted on the ESFA direct and levy contracts in a timely manner and in accordance with the ESFA ILR specification timeframes.
● Be responsible for the preparation of all external funding returns and claims, running ILR exports and distributing rule violations and warnings to the operational support teams for clearing
● For audit preparation and compliance, being the key contact with all funding agencies and representing Pearson TQat the audits. Reporting back results of audits and supporting action planning to improve process and delivery in line with requirements.
● Oversee the management and monitoring of the PDSAT application, error and rule violation reports on a fortnightly basis, highlighting areas of funding risk to stakeholders.
● Manage and maintain an effective corrective action risk register and ensure all outstanding funding errors are cleared within a 4 week period.
● Monitor all funding documentation ensuring they meet the relevant funding rules and support the delivery team with guidance to complete documentation right “first time”.
● Monitor current funding guidance and distribute to all relevant parties to ensure quality and delivery understand funding requirements.Advise other managers and the wider organisation in current funding developments and rule changes and implications.
● Report to Heads of Departments contract performance and any outstanding funding risks.
● Monitor the data analysis requirements to produce factual reports with regards to trends whether positive or negative.
● Contribute to the company’s self assessment report for your department.
● Contribute to the company's QIP for your department ensuring all actions are meet and providing IMPACT evidence to demonstrate continuous improvement.
● Support promotion of a right first time culture within the business and seek to improve collaborative working between departments.
● Develop and manage excellent professional relationships with key stakeholders .i.e ESFA, Employers and other customers.
● Maintain positive working relationships with your Line Manager, colleagues, peers and customer/s and other stakeholders.
● Maintain and manage relationships with Pearson IT services for all parts of the Apprenticeships contracts on behalf of the Head of Apprenticeships.
● Manage a team of staff, across several sites and locations, that process and administer MIS data linked to Apprenticeships.
● Manage the team of staff in accordance with all Pearson and Pearson TQ protocols and requirements for safer recruitment, staff and team development, appraisal, pay and reward and all other HR matters (with support from line managers and BPHR advisors).
Army Apprenticeship Programme contracts:
● Be responsible for the contract compliance of the Army Apprenticeship provision across military sub-contracts, ensuring that all delivery meets the requirements of the contracts and ESFA rules. Ensure that the administration of the contract is undertaken efficiently, effectively and in a timely manner, including but not exclusive to:
o Managing the processes relating to enrolments, induction, initial assessment and tracking Apprentice progress.
o Managing the Awarding Body registration and certification processes, adhering to strict timelines where necessary.
o Ensuring that Apprenticeship starts (including inductions and initial assessments), achievements and leaver administration and paperwork are processed in a timely manner and accurate records are maintained.
o To be responsible for the integrity and security of the Maytas MIS system and related Learner paper files. Ensuring that the systems and files are updated as required and in a timely manner.
● Manage the company requirements, responsibilities and participation in internal and external audits.
● Complete visits to other sites and locations when required or as directed by management, including overnight stays when required.
● Attend and run team meetings as required.
● Maintain positive and productive relationships with all stakeholders.
● Represent the Head of Apprenticeships and the Company as required at all meetings and events and deputise in her absence.
● Responsibility for the welfare of any staff under your control by following all relevant Health & Safety, Safeguarding, Equality, Anti-Bribery and Corruption, Prevention of Harassment and Bullying and all other PTQ, Pearson plc and appropriate client policies and procedures.
● To be responsible for your own welfare by following the Health, Safety and Environmental Policy and other related policies such as Equality, Diversity and Inclusion; Anti-Bribery and Corruption, Prevention of Harassment; Public Disclosure “Whistle-blowing” and Data Protection etc.
● Execute the responsibilities of your role according to standards, as set out in the Code of Conduct and staff handbook.
● Take responsibility for personal CPD and lifelong learning.
● To maintain a professional image and enhance the company’s reputation for quality and service.
● To undertake/perform other duties associated with this role, by agreement.
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience. We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity. The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
● Educated to level 5 or above in subjects with high data content or willing to work towards L5
● Level 5 Management qualification, or willing to work towards
● GCSE English and Maths (A*-C) or equivalent
● Significant experience in a data management within the Apprenticeship sector
● Proven track record of managing publicly funded contracts including Apprenticeships, levy and non levy provision.
● In depth and current knowledge of ESFA funding methodology/compliance and ILR Specification
● In depth and current knowledge of data and compliance requirements within public funding programmes including ESFA and TAS/ and DAS.
● Experience of running and cleansing the ILR
● Current knowledge of managing an effective data and compliance system and processes
● Awareness and understanding of e-portfolio assessment systems
● Proven and effective people management and development ability
● The ability to recognise and implement system efficiencies.
● A can do, proactive attitude with a demonstrated ability to foster this in others.
● Knowledge of apprenticeship frameworks and awareness of new Apprenticeship standards
● Ability to promote learning and opportunity for all
● Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both orally and in writing, including sensitive/difficult information.
● Ability to deliver briefings to internal and external audiences.
● Excellent organisational, interpersonal/communication skills and the ability to influence
● People motivation skills
● Negotiation skills
● Consultative approach
● Interpretation skills
● Demonstrates a willingness to openly communicate with varied levels of authority
● The ability to understand and act upon the requirements of different business units
● Flexible Attitude to work - able to travel nationally including occasional overnight stay if required
● Self Motivated
● Ability to manage own workload, to manage tight deadlines and conflicting priorities to deliver, to challenging deadlines with minimal supervision
● Proficient in standard computer software such as Word, Power Point, Internet, e-mail
● Proficient in funding data systems
● Ability to use own initiative
● Ability to analyse and interpret complex and conflicting information to make sound judgements and recommendation, and recognise growth opportunities
● Ability to produce management reports
● Full, current driving licence
● Car owner, with a willingness to use on Pearson TQ business as required (mileage allowance payable)
Halley Court Jordan Hill
Oxford OX2 8EJ