Hovis Limited is a vertically integrated baking and flour milling business currently operated by The Gores Group as part of a stand-alone joint venture. The Company was created in April 2014 to help release new investment to upgrade its operational infrastructure and reinvigorate the Hovis brand, building on its rich heritage. Nish Kankiwala our new CEO brings a wealth of commercial and marketing experience from previous roles with Unilever, Pepsico and Burger King. He has been an integral part of the business for the past 2 years and has recently taken over as CEO.
A great Opportunity has arisen here at Hovis to join the team at the Forest Gate Site as a Compliance Manager.
To ensure the site is compliant with Hovis central standards and site food safety, Quality, legal processes and procedures as well as the requirements of BRC global standards for food Safety.
- Accountable for compliance against Central Technical Standards & BRC Requirements
- Responsible for managing, coordinating and leading external audits
- Key interface for day to day technical issues
- To aid compliance to the HACCP systems, be part of the team and to deputise as required for the Site Technical Manager
- To actively participate in the daily operational meetings and communicate any audit findings that need action.
- Manage all aspects of the site Quality function to ensure compliance. This includes overall responsibility for:
- 1.)All Test plans and product conformity monitoring
- 2.)Non conformances and food safety/quality incidents
- 3.)Technical procedures and standard ensuring both accuracy & efficiency
- Responsible for the management of the Internal Audit Programme, including GMP/Hygiene, GHP & internal QMS audits
- Work closely and support the sites trained auditors to ensure bakery standards are effectively audited. Train new auditors as required.
- Ensure resolutions to issues raised through audits are closed out in a timely manner and to a standard that will prevent reoccurrence.
- Manage the Corrective Action programme for the site to drive a culture of continuous improvement.
- Work closely with the Hygiene Manager to ensure hygiene standards of the bakery are of the highest standard.
- Work with the operations and engineering teams to enhance food safety, quality and product knowledge.
- Manage the process of serious complaint investigations, leading the site complaint investigation team and ensuring root cause and effective corrective & preventative actions have been carried out in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the development and delivery of food safety & quality training programmes.
- Manage the training, development and performance review for the Technical team. This will ensure that all team members are competent to perform their roles within the Technical structure.
- Assist the Site Technical and deputise as required.
KNOWLEDGE & SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS
- Trained auditor
- Food Safety management experience
- Structures approach
- Attention to detail
- Ability to influence and challenge
- Minimum Intermediate HACCP trained
- HACCP/Pest Control experience
- Relevant qualification
- BRC or similar standard trained
- Strong IT skills
- Customer interface experience
- Experience of training delivery
Location: Based in Forest gate
Type of role: Full Time, Permanent
Reporting to: Technical Manager
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK