Do you have experience of working within financial services or in a compliance or monitoring role, are you looking to take on a new challenge? If so, we are recruiting for a Compliance Assistant and are looking for individuals just like you!
- Highly competitive base salary of £26,000 (Depending on experience)
- Workplace pension
- Private medical health care
- Life Assurance
The Loans Engine is a successful and growing, family owned financial services business based in central Watford. We specialise in broking second mortgages, first mortgages, bridging and commercial finance. The business is driven by a passion for service and strong customer and staff-centric values. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to join an entrepreneurial company, read on to see how you can contribute to our plans for national success.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Compliance Assistant to join our Compliance Team and are looking for applicants who have experience of working within financial services, within a compliance or monitoring function. Successful applicants are required to already have a recognised mortgage advice qualification, such as CeMAP and ideally have experience of the mortgage advice process. Having a compliance qualification would also be an advantage but not essential as the opportunity to gain a compliance qualification will be offered as part of the role.
This is a permanent, full time role although part time may be considered.
Compliance Assistant responsibilities:
In this position, your primary responsibility will be to monitor and report on the suitability of mortgage advice but will also be required to conduct other reviews that contribute towards the compliance monitoring plan. Responsibilities include:
- Monitoring business activities including advice suitability reviews and adherence to financial crime and data protection controls.
- Assisting with risk-based monitoring with a view to identifying best practice and areas for improvement.
- Maintaining accurate and complete records of activities.
- Assisting with compliance training for staff.
- Maintaining knowledge of regulatory rules, guidelines, best practices, etc.
- Promoting a strong culture of compliance throughout the organisation
The ideal Compliance Assistant:
In order to be successful for this role, you will need to be highly professional, motivated and enjoy working in a dynamic environment as part of a team. You will also need:
- Excellent attention to detail;
- High standards and strong values (honesty and Integrity);
- Strong numerical, analytical & written skills;
- Good communication skills;
- The ability to manage workload efficiently;
- Experience in monitoring or working in the mortgage advice process;
- At least 5 GCSE's (including Maths and English) grades A - C (or equivalent);
- A FCA recognised mortgage advice qualification (CeMAP or equivalent).
If you are looking for your next challenge as a Compliance Assistant then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.