Imperva Product Marketing is looking for a Competitive Intelligence Analyst to support our product and sales initiatives. This individual will be expected to have a real passion for and deep understanding of the competitive landscape within the cybersecurity market space and use these skills to improve product roadmaps, positioning, and sales effectiveness.
Through deep business, technical and product research this individual will identify competitive advantages and opportunities for improvement, and will provide direction, recommendations and relevant content to different stakeholders.
As part of product marketing in Imperva you will work in cross-functional teams, look for any opportunities to talk to customers and customer-facing teams, you will be passionate about going above and beyond to deliver timely, quality materials, and constantly refine your approach based on results. We prioritize work that delivers the most impact and is measurable and achievable.
What you'll do:
- Provide deep and ongoing competitive research and analysis of competitors' product and GTM strategy, with a focus on the delivery of accurate, timely, unbiased and contextual analysis as a subject matter expert.
- Monitor press releases, earnings reports / calls, blogs, website updates, collateral, and messaging for key competitors
- Develop competitive intelligence, critical insights, and recommendations to positively influence strategic decisions of the company.
- Understand current and emerging competitive threats, competitor product strengths, improvements and weaknesses at a technical level
- Formulate competitive sales strategies, business insights, and create competitive intelligence, sales tools, training, and consultative engagement to serve the needs of the field (battlecards, whitepapers, presentations, etc.)
- Deliver timely competitive messaging in response to competitive product launches and announcements.
- Compare and contrast Imperva vs the competition and support product management with product feature gap analysis, information on competitive threats as well as propose product launch strategies which will improve Imperva’s position in the market.
- Create actionable, strategic intelligence by assembling disparate slices of data from multiple sources and adding in-depth analysis.
- Track major competitive announcements and earnings to proactively build awareness of key competitor moves
How you will do it:
- Collaborate with product managers to understand the ins-and-outs of our feature set and capabilities. Be able to work across the portfolio to see the big picture
- Partner closely with Sales Enablement to create, refine, and evolve competitive material for sales teams, partners, and other customer-facing roles.
- Partner with sales engineers, product development and other technical resources to identify core analyse in detail the differences, strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities across our competitive landscape.
- Work directly with sales to help close competitive opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT practices, or equivalent
- 5+ years of competitive analysis experience in the cyber security market in a strategy, product marketing or product management role
- Proven ability to analyze new products and competitors and translate that information into actionable intelligence, positioning campaigns and sales tools
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to different types of audience, including executives
- Self-starter with a bias for action and results orientation. Able to prioritize, focus, and execute through obstacles.
- Ability to collaborate effectively
- Innovative thinker with analytical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to integrate data, including corporate financials, from disparate systems and run analyses with Excel, R, or other analytics tools.
- Experience designing sales collateral from scratch based on sales conversations, sales calls, market research, and your own experience.
- MBA preferred
- Recent experience with cloud vendors a plus.
Imperva offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, flexible time off and more. It’s an exciting time to work in the security space. Check out our products and services at www.imperva.com and career opportunities at www.imperva.com/careers.
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.