Objective of the Role
To provide an accurate, efficient and effective management and administration of Company Compensation (Payroll) and Benefits advice and administration for all Employees.
To assist with any reviews and investigate potential Company benefits
To communicate, promote and implement new and existing benefits.
Monday to Friday – 9.00am to 5.00pm. Thirty-five hours per week.
However, due to the nature of this role hours may vary in line with the needs of the business.
- To provide a professional payroll and benefits service for all employees, whilst also proactively keeping abreast of changes and developments within relevant legislation.
- To produce the monthly salary payments for all Permanent and Fixed Term Contract staff through computerised payroll, ensuring that all deadlines are met.
- To produce monthly additional payments for Permanent, Fixed Term Contract employees and new starters through cheque payments, resolving any underpayments.
- To maintain accurate details on the payroll system, adding new employee information, amending details as required for existing staff.
- To process all Leavers including P45’s.
- To process Company absence via computerised payroll, paying Company sick pay and SSP as appropriate.
- To deal with SMP calculation and payment together with SPP, Adoption Pay, Shared Parental Leave and any relevant enquiries.
- To process all variable payments and deductions via payroll systems
- To produce accurate reports and information for Government departments relating to payroll, taxation etc. ensuring all deadlines are met.
- To produce all necessary reports for the payroll, including reporting for Finance
- Responsible for sending the Bacs and all reports associated with this
- Real Time Information – submitting the required data for each payroll
- Processing and checking the HMRC inbound and outbound downloads each month
- To produce ad hoc reports / statistics using the payroll system and Excel as required.
- To set up and communicate auto enrolment and employee contributions for new employees, amendments to existing employee contributions and leavers on payroll systems and pension provider website. To issue relevant paperwork, handling all enquiries and ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Auto reenrolment
- To respond promptly to all written and verbal enquiries from employees regarding payroll / taxation queries.
- To maintain records for tax purposes in accordance with HMRC requirements.
- To set up and communicate the Company’s healthcare scheme provisions for new employees, maintain leavers and provide monthly membership to the healthcare provider. To issue relevant paperwork, handling all enquiries and ensuring all deadlines are met
- To produce accurate reports and information for Government departments relating to all payroll related items, ensuring all deadlines are met.
- To produce employment references for existing and previous employees.
- To produce mortgage and tenancy references for current employees.
- Year End processing, including the issuing of P60’s, Reward Statements and P11D’s.
- Annual Salary Reviews
- Business Incentive Scheme, including, communication, payment, and dealing with all queries
- To source the cost of flu vaccinations each year
- Advising employees on the process for ordering sight test vouchers and spectacle vouchers
- Order Baby Baskets and review our provider if necessary
- Completion of the Car Tax file for Managers and Technicians on a quarterly basis
- Input and submit P46 Cars on the payroll system
- Electronic Childcare Vouchers – to complete an annual Basic Earnings Assessment for employees in our Childcare Vouchers scheme. Order electronic Childcare Vouchers on a monthly basis, making any necessary amendments to the voucher value, removing leavers. Dealing with all employee queries in relation to Electronic Childcare Vouchers
- Monthly HR Reporting
- Monthly Group Reporting
- Life & Group Income Protection renewals
- To ensure systems and procedures are in place for all activity and fall within the guidelines of the relevant legislation.
- To investigate and respond to relevant issues highlighted by any employee.
- To assess and review standards and implement corrective actions where required.
You will also be responsible for the following:
Health & Safety
- To ensure that your work area is kept safe and tidy at all times.
- To abide by the Health & Safety Work Act 1974.
- To notify the Company Health & Safety officer or the Human Resources Manager of any Health & Safety issues which may cause harm to fellow employees.
To advise your Manager of any areas of work for which you require any additional training.
Quality Management System
To work as a member of a team within the quality system and follow all documented quality procedures and instructions.
Key Performance Areas
To work towards achieving 100% on all Company, departmental, team and individual key performance targets.
Participate and contribute towards individual annual appraisals and team meetings.
- To assist with relevant ad-hoc projects as required by the Compensation & Benefits Manager / Human Resources Team.
- Complete all appropriate administration and provide relevant reports on a regular basis
- Carry out any other additional duties as requested by the Compensation & Benefits Manager / Human Resources Director from time to time within the scope of your role.
To work within and be compliant at all times with all relevant regulations and legislation applicable to the role.
Smart appearance in line with working within a corporate environment
Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent.
Practical experience and evidence is required in the following areas:
- Knowledge of Agresso Milestone 4
- Sole responsibility for administering a payroll in excess of 600 people – minimum 2 years experience
- Knowledge of all aspects of Payroll procedures including statutory payments and deductions and voluntary deductions / court orders
- Current Tax / NI / HMRC legislation
- The ability for manual payroll calculations
- Tax Year End reconciliations
- Understanding of obligations to other departments both internal and external (e.g. management reporting)
- Demonstrable experience of computerised payroll systems
- Excellent written communications skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks at a time
- Demonstrate problem solving skills
- Confident dealing with complex numerical information
- Report writing skills
Flexible and adaptable
Strong interpersonal / communication skills at all levels
Strong team player
Educated to A Level / relevant GVNQ standard or equivalent
Conversant with Benefits including P11ds