Job Title - Compensation Accountant
Hiring Manager - Compensation Accounting Manager
To fully support the Compensation Accounting Manager to cover all aspects of Compensation Accounting primarily for the EMEA operations with view to meeting all internal and external financial reporting deadlines.
The successful candidate shall make an important contribution to the continued development of the Compensation Accounting team whilst constantly raising the bar in terms of quality and control.
- To ensure the integrity of Comp related P&L and Balance Sheet on a timely basis across the EMEA operations of the Group through monthly postings to the GL followed by analytical review and reconciliations.
- Work closely with Senior Broker Compensation Accountant to ensure all Broker Compensation Accounting matters are closed out on a timely basis.
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders to ensure matters are closed out on a timely basis.
- Calculating and posting revenue related monthly bonus accruals. Reviewing and adjusting accruals to be in line with forecasted desk pay out.
- Assist in preparation of timely management information including desk and broker performance reports.
- Ensure Comp related FX exposure is managed, controlled and reported on a timely basis.
- Coordinate commentary on monthly/quarterly P&L movement for global P&L analytics.
- Work closely with counterparts in US/Asia on relevant matters and share best practice.
- Assist auditors through timely delivery of files and responses to any queries.
- Ensure integrity of confidential name detail information.
- Identify and implement improvements within Compensation Accounting processes through development and concise documentation of policies and procedures.
- Support Compensation Accounting Manager on ad-hoc issues.
- Be alert to Conduct Risk issues, specifically the risk of harm to client interests, market integrity and/or competition in financial markets due to inappropriate practices or behaviours across the firm.
Skills / Experience Required
The successful candidate should either be AAT qualified or in early stages of ACCA/CIMA qualification preferably with experience gained within the UK financial services industry and should be able to demonstrate:
- Good understanding of double-entry book keeping.
- A strong academic background and good career progression to date.
- Previous Compensation and Payroll Accounting experience would be advantageous.
- A good understanding of Equity Compensation would be preferable.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of legal entity v MI reporting requirements.
- A control mentality coupled with excellent accounting, analytical and reporting skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, organise and prioritise.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with stakeholders throughout the Group with view to developing and maintaining strong relationships.
- Possess a pro-active attitude with an ability to take responsibility.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Supervisory skills would be advantageous.
- Strong MS Excel skills (including vlookups, pivot tables, sumifs and charts).
- Prior experience with Essbase and Oracle General Ledger preferable.
- Other Microsoft Office applications.
- The successful candidate will require excellent personal presentation and have confidence operating in a competitive work-environment and can handle challenging situations sensitively.
- Proactive and adaptable, able to work well under pressure.
- Ability to evaluate issues and situations to enable timely decision making with little need for upward reference whilst escalating matters as necessary on a timely basis.
- Self-starter unafraid to ask questions and seek answers.
- Willing to take ownership, work without close supervision while also being a team player.
- Able to use judgement to challenge the status quo and implement changes to improve processes.
To all recruitment agencies - BGC Partners & affiliates do not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, employees or any other company location. BGC Partners & affiliates are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please contact the Recruitment function for additional details