Community Volunteering Manager & Coordinator who has excellent team management and leadership skills with experience recruiting, training and managing volunteers is required for a growing Community Team based in Bristol, South West England.
SALARY:£27,472 - £29,091 per annum
BENEFITS:26 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays.The Charity offer a generous pension scheme, life assurance and enhanced pay for parenting and sickness leave. In addition, they provide an Employee Assistance Programme, flexible benefits package and discounts and cashback scheme to care for their people.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 9am – 5pm, 35 hours per week. As a charity, they’re always keen to support flexible working as best they can.
APPLICATION PROCESS:Once we’ve reviewed your CV, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Community Volunteering Manager & Coordinator, known within the organisation as a My Guide Volunteering Manager, who has excellent team management and leadership skills with experience recruiting, training and managing volunteers.
Working as the Community Volunteering Manager & Coordinator,you will be responsible for the recruitment, training, stewardship and support of all volunteers to support the service. As well as promoting mobility, the volunteer sighted guiding service builds confidence and improves social interactions for people living with sight loss.
Acting as a champion for the volunteering service you will be tasked as the Community Volunteering Manager & Coordinator to seek out and develop external partners to advance and support the service.
As a successful candidate, you will have an exciting opportunity to work in a growing and fulfilling environment where your efforts will be greatly appreciated by the Charity and the thousands of people they help.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Community Volunteering Manager & Coordinator:
- Provide information to local volunteering staff that enables them to identify and focus targeted volunteer recruitment activities in identified areas
- Conduct interviews to identify volunteers who are suitable for different roles within the organisation
- Coordinate with Volunteering Office to ensure that necessary references and criminal disclosure checks are completed in a timely manner
- Plan the volunteer training course schedule in partnership with the Service Manager
- Deliver or support trainers to deliver training courses to volunteers, organisations and staff
- Lead delivery of safeguarding training courses
- Ensure volunteers are up to date with mandatory training for their role
- Identify, train and manage the activities of up to 20 lead volunteers operating in key support functions
- Support the development of new volunteering opportunities and role descriptions with Volunteering partners, National Lead and Service Manager
- Own the customer experience for volunteers, resolving issues and answering queries as appropriate.
- Monitor and evaluate the volunteer application and training process
- Identify areas for improvement in the service using reports and data, and action local changes where possible
WORKING AT THE CHARITY
Working at the Charity is much more than just a job. Through the values that guide their work, they make a real difference, and change lives.
The Charity believe that wellbeing at work is about creating an environment to promote a state of contentment which allows all employees to flourish and achieve their full potential for the benefit of themselves and for the Charity.
- You will have a strong understanding of volunteering with recent and relevant experience working within the children/ vulnerable adults sector
- You will have proven experience of volunteer management, training and development with the ability to motivate staff and volunteers
- You will demonstrate effective planning and organisational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Eligibility to work in the UK
As this role requires an Enhanced Disclosure check the start date for the successful candidate will only be confirmed upon receipt of the check.
The Charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children, young people and vulnerable adults with whom they work. They expect all of their employees and volunteers to fully share this commitment.
Please note: we reserve the right to close any of our vacancies early.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once we’ve reviewed your CV, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement may also be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5362
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Bristol, South West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awdonline | http://www.awdo.co.uk
+ Excellent Benefits