Put your project management skills to the test this summer. Flexible, paid and fully residential seasonal work this summer with NCS!
Salary: Up to £22,000 pro rata
Role length: Up to 43 days (over 2 month period)
Location: Greater London, Bucks & Berks, Surrey, West Midlands, Yorkshire, Greater Manchester and Lacashire.
About the role
Join The Challenge, the UK's largest provider of NCS, and help us ensure the smooth running of our youth and community programme on-site throughout July to September this summer.
NCS (National Citizen Service) is a government-backed initiative with a mission to equip 15-17 year olds with the confidence, skills and support they need to make a real difference in their local communities.
Community Logistics Managers stay residentially throughout the NCS summer programme, usually living at a university hall of residence, and overseeing the smooth logistic logistical running of the second phase of the programme. They also manage the relationship between NCS and the accommodation provider, ensuring strong lines of communication throughout the summer delivery period, and line-managing a number of seasonal staff (Creative Workshop Facilitators and Public Speaking Trainers).
Other responsibilities include:
- Conducting and monitoring risk assessments for the residential site, day venues and evening spaces used on the programme.
- Ordering and distributing large quantities of food, and overseeing the evening cooking sessions conducted by the young people.
- Ensuring the smooth delivery of the programme by organising transport, equipment, accommodation and health & safety briefings for each new cohort of young people and seasonal staff.
- Willing to work residentially with staff teams and large numbers of young people
- Proven organisational and logistical skills
- Proven ability to manage professional relationships
- Experience of working in a customer-facing environment and communicating with a range of people
- A flexible approach to work and the ability to adapt working style to different environment
This fully-residential role is perfect for an experienced relationship and project manager looking to take their skills somewhere a little different this summer. Free accommodation and food will be provided throughout your role.
The Challenge is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Read the full job description at https://ncs.the-challenge.org/jobs/long-term-roles/manage/ncs-community-logistics-manager /
Up to £22,000 pro rata (2 months)