This is an exciting time to join the dynamic Community and Events Fundraising Team as a Community Fundraising Manager. With our organisational vision of 'a world where diabetes can do no harm' we are developing a brand new strategic direction for the team to proactively seek relationships within communities in order to grow income. We are looking for a fundraising professional who can deliver engaging products and material to enable supporters to fundraise for Diabetes UK, drive supporter acquisition and increase our average gift. We are looking for someone to coordinate our approach, to supporter communications, so we retain as many supporter relationships as possible to allow us to deliver our exciting plans for growth.
Interview date: 9 April 2019
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and permanent health insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
This is a crucial central role within the community fundraising team responsible for the management and effective delivery of the central community fundraising function, ensuring consistently good supporter stewardship and an excellent supporter experience. Ensuring delivery of compliant quality mass supporter communications and marketing campaigns using audience insight.
This role must work cross organisationally and with third party suppliers to ensure Diabetes UK supporters have all they need to fundraise for our charity including development of engaging fundraising products, tools and materials for a community fundraising audience, fulfilment of those fundraising materials and maintenance of central processes and procedures.
- Experienced Line Manager
- Knowledgeable about the principles and practices of community fundraising
- Proactive relationship builder with internal and external stakeholders ideally with experience of managing third party suppliers.
- Experienced in using audience insight to inform the development of fundraising materials, products and mass marketing communications
- Flexible, self-motivated and able to work independently, with a can-do attitude and a solution focussed approach in tackling challenges.
£30,540.00 - £33,933.00 per year