Make a difference today!
Be a champion in your community
Here at Deafblind UK our goal is to assist people with combined sight and hearing loss to live the lives they want. Our members are some of the most isolated and lonely people in society and we want to do all we can to change this.
Our team of amazing volunteers make our goal possible!
We’re looking for volunteers to help us reach out to as many people experiencing combined sight and hearing loss as possible. This could be anything from helping us get new members on board, promoting our free services or arranging local events for our members to attend. You would essentially be a friendly face and a link between our staff and our members. We can tailor our volunteering roles to suit your experience and availability.
Who we’re looking for?
We are looking for individuals who share our same care values and those who are:
- Patient and friendly volunteers to help our members remain a part of society and greatly benefit the quality of their lives
- Pro-active, creative people who can use their initiative to help spread the word about Deafblind UK’s free services
- Willing to learn more about Deafblindness and guiding/communication techniques (full training is provided)
- Engaging individuals who are able to take part in fun social activities to improve the members quality of life
- Able to commit to regular meetings or events
Do you need experience?
No ….Simply a kind heart and some spare time. We match our volunteers to the best positions that utilise your skills and enable you to give something back to your community.
Do you share our values? Do you want to make a change, supporting your local community?
What will you get out of it?
It's a direct way to make a difference to a deafblind person’s lifeYou will be supporting a great cause, while giving something back to your communityYou will build a new friendship and have the opportunities to learn new skillsWe will offer you full training, support and guidance throughout your volunteering experience with Deafblind UKReimbursement of out of pocket expenses such as mileage or public transport costs.
Qualitiesand Skills we are looking for:
- We are looking for enthusiastic and reliable Volunteers
- Good communication skills, particularly with regard to conversational skills
- To be reliable and have a genuine interest to make a difference in lives of deafblind people
- Patience and a warm and friendly attitude
What will we ask for in return?
We will need to undertake two references and a DBS check before this role can startYou will need to be over the age of 18 years to apply for this role
Then we want to hear from you...
Please click on the ‘Apply’ button and complete the short application form, alternatively to find out more you can contact our Volunteer Recruiter on 01733 358100.