Are you passionate about care? Do you love the variety of working out in the Community? Are you new to Community care or looking for a new care role?Then this role could be perfect for you!
Somerset Care are looking forfull& part timeCommunity Care and Support Workersto join the Communityteam supporting the Cheddarand surrounding area.
As a Care and Support Worker you'll travel to people's homes in your local area providing high quality person centred care, tailored to the needs of each individual. This invaluable care to customers in their own homes enables them to lead their life in the way they wish, in the community they love.
You’ll typically be working on a shift basis between7am – 2pm and 4pm –10pm including alternate weekends. Full time hours are up to 39 hours 5 out of 7 days. This runs over a 2 week rota giving you a clear weekend off.You'll need your own car and full UK license to work across the local area each day. Part time hours are also available
About the Care and Support Worker role:
You’ll be joining a dedicated team of community health care professionals devoted to delivering quality care, supporting daily living routines and offering companionship in a way that shows our customers respect and kindness, just as they deserve. No two days are the same but each day you’ll be rewarded by knowing you have made a real difference to those who need it most.
We match our support to each customers needs and so the ways in which this role helps, differs from customer to customer. From domestic duties, personal care and medication to emotional support, social interaction or accompanying customers to their appointments, the care plans are all tailored to the individual. The one thing that remains the same however, is the exceptional customer care we always promise to deliver.
You don’t need experience do this role as we can give you all the training you need right from day one. What you need most of all is a desire to help, a passion for making a difference and to enjoy making someone’s day that little bit easier. To join us you’ll need:
- A warm hearted, friendly manner, with lots of patience and a natural desire to help
- A ‘can do’ attitude, with plenty of resilience and a communication style that is engaging
- To be a real ‘people person’, able to build lasting relationships and work well in a team
- To be confident with technology to manage customer care records and your work schedules
- A full driving licence, with your own vehicle and willing to travel to various locations daily
- Flexibility to provide cover for our out of hours service when needed
Being a Carer isn’t a job, it’s naturally who you are. Your instinct to care, offer compassion and show kindness is inherent within you. You will love caring for vulnerable people, enjoy the variety of working across the community and appreciate the priceless impact your assistance has on those you help. You will be a natural role model, inspiring those around you whileembracing the values and behaviours of theCommunity TeamatSomerset care.
What you’ll get from us:
At Somerset Care, our values and culture is what makes us different. It is the culmination of all the things we do that makes us a very special company to work for. We really value our employees, actively support career development and progression and can offer you so much more than a job.
- Guaranteed contracted hours.
- Paid Mileage
- Enhanced pay for Bank Holidays
- Free DBS check and Company Pension
- Annual Holiday which increases with length of service
- Full company induction,ongoing training and support thereafter to gain qualifications and opportunities for career progression
- Discounts of up to 20% across hundreds of retailers and online via My Caring Rewards
- Access to your earning’s before payday via Wagestream
About Home Care in Somerset
Managed by the Community Services Manager, our community team work together across Somerset to ensure every customer in our care gets the support they need in the least intrusive way, putting their comfort, happiness and safety first. Somerset Home Care supports the Taunton, Wellington, Minehead, Bridgwater, Cheddar,Frome, Street, Glastonbury,Yeovil, Crewkerne, Chardand surrounding areas. Find out more here
If you are ready to start making a real difference to people living independently in their own homes, we would love to receive your application :email or to find out more please callMandyon 01823 448321.
Somerset Care,so much morerewarding. Do more than a job, change a life…..