Community Benefits Officer - Glasgow
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 (dependent on experience) plus extensive benefits package
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, this is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life. We're investing £1.5bn across the UK in next generation green infrastructure to translate zero waste policy into practice. In addition to our £100m Scottish resources network, we've invested £354m in the last twenty four months alone.
We're helping people see waste differently. By transforming domestic and commercial recyclables into high-quality raw materials or energy, we're making a substantial contribution to improving both our customers' and the UK's resource efficiency. Gone is the traditional waste collection and disposal company, and in its place is a progressive and innovative recycling and resource management operation. We use smart people and smart technology to deliver our vision. From user-friendly household waste recycling centres for the general public to some of the most advanced materials recycling facilities and energy from waste plants in Europe.
With investment in infrastructure comes investment in communities. We're looking for a Community Benefits Offer to build on our award-winning community benefits programme. Supporting recent contract awards, the successful applicant will help tell the Viridor story, ensuring communities are at the heart of our programme.
Working with the our Local Authority Contract Managers, contract and communication teams, the Community Benefits Officer with ensure the successful monitoring and delivery of strategy across employment and training, SME and supply chain opportunities and education.
An outgoing, confident and personable communicator, the applicant will be a real team player, linking our Scottish business with the partners and communities we serve.
Our Community Benefits Officer role will include:
- To liaise with Viridor's and the Authority's operational management on a day-to-day basis
- To assist in the development of educational materials necessary to fulfil the operational and development requirements of the contract by linking with Viridor's Education department
- To develop, promote and manage stakeholder visits and associated programmes, including administration booking, H&S and reporting requirements.
- To attend functions and events, including those held on evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
- Assist and support in coordinating a structured programme of communications, PR and media relations promoting Viridor and its services to the identified key target audiences
- To interface with the Construction Sub-contractor to ensure Community Benefits contractual obligations are fulfilled as per contractual commitments
Our ideal Community Benefits Officer will have:
- Excellent communicator, credible and able to influence at all levels.
- Diligent with a strong commitment to continually raising the profile and reputation of the company
- Knowledge of effective communication methods appropriate to the task
- Good knowledge of H&S and equality requirements for public visits to operational sites
- Ability to liaise internal and external customers, regulators and the general public
- Appropriate level of education - A level/Higher grade or equivalent
In return we can offer a competitive salary of £25,000 - £30,000 and an attractive benefits package, working within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable
The successful candidate must agree to a Disclosure Check under the Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) procedures. Employment will be offered to the successful applicant subject to a satisfactory Disclosure report.
A Full Driving Licence is essential to the role.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click APPLY for the Community Benefits Officer role.
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.