Communications and Outreach Manager: Global Forests and Sustainable Land Use Programme – UK Based
- Take on responsibility for the development and implementation of the communications functions on a Global Environmental
- Raise awareness of the programme across a wide range of stakeholders and audiences
- Develop and manage the communications and outreach strategy for the programme
GRM Futures Group is a major global force in development, running approximately 116 projects and operating in more than 90 countries in 2014-15. The combined group specializes in a number of core development sectors, offering diverse technical expertise and a wide geographic reach. We aim to be a world leader in everything we do whilst meeting the highest professional and ethical standards.
The main objective of the programme is to support a set of public-private partnerships (PPPs) and initiatives which demonstrate how the private sector can contribute to a reduction in rates of deforestation, as well as a range of related enabling activities to address the policy environment. Expected results include improved and more sustainable prevention of deforestation, reforestation of degraded land and leverage of private finance. The programme will also aim to support a transformation to sustainability in markets for commodities that are associated with deforestation, including timber, palm oil, soya, beef, paper and board.
Purpose of Role
The Communication and Outreach Manager will be a key member of the technical team and will be responsible for the development and implementation of the programme’s communications and activities related to the programme. The position will report to the Team Leader and the Deputy Team Leader and will work closely with the key programme staff and three regional Communication and Outreach Officers. The position is expected to be based in the UK. This position will require regular travel overseas.
Initially 4 years
Minimum education and experience required
- Post-graduate qualifications preferable in communications or a related field
- 10 years’ experience in similar work, including experience managing a communications team; experience with DFID-funded or other large international development programmes would be an advantage
- Previous experience in managing communications and outreach in the sustainable forestry, agricultural commodity trade, natural resource management, public-private partnerships or similar fields in developing countries will be an advantage
- Experience in developing countries and an understanding of key economic, political, social and cultural issues in development and the target regions
- Track record in managing multi-cultural teams and ability to work/mobilise resources from a distance
- Demonstrated ability to unpack and communicate complex concepts simply with a range of stakeholders in multi-cultural settings
- Demonstrated experience in program and event management
- Ability to facilitate e-communication and web-based technologies for professional purposes
- Highly effective communication and high level of proficiency in written and spoken English, other relevant languages would be an advantage.
- Graphic design skills and familiarity with document management, content management and web based design would be an advantage
Interested? Please submit your CV through the GRM International Careers Page (http://www.grminternational.com/jobs).
Applications close on 23/05/2015.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.