Communications Officer - 191020
Salary and benefits:
Competitive salary plus company car or car allowance, matched pension up to 7.5%, share save plans, numerous retail discounts and 26 days annual leave.
Location: Within easy commuting distance of Waterbeach
Business area: Kier Construction Eastern
Responsible, under the guidance of the Business Initiatives Manager, for the timely production of a wide range of internal and external communications across a variety of media. Currently these include internal and external newsletters (electronic and printed), social media posts, marketing brochures, promotional documents and awards entries. The post holder will also be responsible for commissioning and managing photography and videography of our projects and other activities as well as for liaison with Kier’s central Marcomms team and our Social Impact team to ensure the most is made of opportunities to promote and protect the interests of the business.
The post-holder will need to be self-motivated and confident and be capable of building good working relationships with a wide range of people, both internal and external. Knowledge of the construction industry is not important but enthusiasm, a demonstrable gift for communication and excellent organisations skills are.
- Ensure all communications, internal and external, adhere to brand, style and messaging guidelines and represent Kier values regardless of media
- Prepare and circulate Kier Construction Eastern Newswires, regular staff newsletters, site newsletters and other internal communications as required to established deadlines
- Prepare Kier Construction Eastern marketing and business development materials and other externally focussed communications
- Ensure all notable events and activities from across the business are communicated as effectively as possible using the most appropriate methods, including Social Media and Microsites, as well as more traditional media
- Co-ordinate the photographic needs of the business, including maintaining a photographer/videographer list and arranging site and event photography and video as appropriate
- Work collaboratively with Kier Group Marcomms team and specifically the PR Team in respect of external articles and press coverage
- Work with office and project teams to organise site/client events and CR activities such as ground breaking and topping out ceremonies
Skills and experience required:
- ‘A’ Level English plus a degree level qualification in media, journalism or related discipline.
- A minimum of one to two years’ experience gained working within the production team on a newspaper, magazine or publishing house or; a PR Agency or; as part of the Corporate Communications team in a significant-sized business. Experience should include responsibility for obtaining and collating information prior to producing documents and/or other materials within brand and style guidelines.
- First class communications skills (written and oral) plus an aptitude for document layout and graphic design are essential, as is the ability to work to deadlines. Must be confident, outgoing and personable but with the tenacity required to obtain the necessary information from busy colleagues.
- Will need to be fully conversant with Microsoft Office products including Word, Powerpoint and Excel and should be confident with publishing tools such as Adobe InDesign, Acrobat and Photosho p and Social Media such as Twitter and LinkedIn.
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together.
Primary Location : United Kingdom-England-Cambridgeshire-Cambridge
Job : Marketing & Communications
Organization : Kier Group UK