Communications Assistant Volunteer
Home Based (with MS Teams / Skype meetings)
Our client is a forward-thinking and innovative charitable provider of housing, care, and bespoke services and they have 90 years’ experience of retirement home design and living in London.
The Communications Assistant Volunteer will help our client create engaging content for their website and social media channels, raising awareness of news and exciting resident stories relating to the charity that provides housing for vulnerable older adults in London. You will also support the administration of the marketing function.
You will have the opportunity to expand your skills, improve your CV and build your portfolio, whilst making an impact on the lives of vulnerable older adults in London. You will receive online training, an onboarding session and regular support from marketing professionals as well as exposure to various communications and marketing activity including managing digital channels like websites and social media.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about writing, finding stories, and content creation. A journalistic flair would be an asset in this role
- Understanding of accessible and professional writing styles
- Design skills would be a bonus
- Able to work on own initiative and remotely
- Open-minded team player ready to work with people from all backgrounds, cultures and ages
- Reliable and can be trusted to maintain a professional and polite manner
- Able to volunteer 4 or 6 hours a week for at least 6 months
Do you feel this is the right position for you? Select the button shown to apply with your most up-to-date CV. If you wish to include one, our client is also happy to receive covering letters.
Our client is passionate about fostering Diversity, Inclusion and Gender balance across the organisation and they happily welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Communications Assistant, Marketing Assistant, Volunteer Marketer, Communications Volunteer, Charity Volunteer, or Content Creator.