Do you love, live and breathe design? Are you ready to jump into a fast-growing company with an award-winning culture? Great, let’s begin.
As a Design Intern at HubSpot, you’ll play an important role on the design team by providing day-to-day support to multiple teams across Marketing.
You’ll also have the chance to collaborate with other designers at HubSpot as well as marketers of every stripe. We’re building a unified customer experience that strengthens our relationship with those we serve and creates efficiencies in the development of our brand.
This internship runs June-August 2019 as a full-time, paid position in Cambridge, MA.
About the Role
We are seeking a designer who is passionate about brand design as well as web and mobile design. The ideal candidate is always looking for ways to create simplicity out of complex problems, has an eye for detail, and a solid understanding of visual and user centered design.
This internship is an opportunity to explore life as a designer at HubSpot! In fact, don’t think of yourself as an intern; think of yourself as a full time individual contributor on HubSpot’s marketing team. As a contributor you’ll have full access and support of the design team. You’ll join weekly crits, observe team discussions, and join us at team outings.
As a member of the design team you’ll also be partnered with a HubSpot lane. For this internship you’ll be partnered with the Brand Infrastructure (BI) Lane. The BI lane’s goals are twofold:
- Create a trusted, recognized, and celebrated brand
- Create efficiency at scale through templatizing brand assets used by all of HubSpot (think web modules within a UI kit, presentation templates, ebooks, etc.)
As a member of the BI lane, you’ll be working on an assortment of projects to help HubSpot employees work efficiently and autonomously. These projects include things like ebook templates, social media posts, and brand evolution through our company-wide design system: Canvas. What’s more, you’ll have the opportunity to push a globally recognized brand forward with your fresh and innovative ideas. As a contributor of these assets you’ll join BI lane meetings and strategy sessions, and present your work to key stakeholders.
Your growth is important to us so we also encourage you to tell us what you’d like to work on! By the end of the internship you’ll walk away with solid portfolio pieces showcasing your direct impact on a myriad of projects.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Passion for helping our customers—small and medium-sized businesses—grow better
- Curiosity to learn and take on new challenges in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with deadlines and balance multiple projects
- Ability to work with designers and non-designers alike, receiving and providing both affirming and constructive feedback
- Comfortable collaborating as well as working independently
- Comfort articulating design decisions
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Online portfolio demonstrating a variety of projects (Required. Please include in resume or on application)
- Experience with Sketch and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Currently enrolled undergraduate student
- Full time availability to work in Cambridge, MA from June to August 2019
- Online portfolio provided in resume or application
Important to note: Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
HubSpot helps millions of organizations grow better, and we’d love to grow better with you. Our business builds the software and systems that power the world’s small to medium-sized businesses. Our company culture builds connections, careers, and employee growth. How? By creating a workplace that values flexibility, autonomy, and transparency. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpotCulture Code, which has more than 4M views, and learn aboutour commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every HubSpotter globally who has helped build our remarkable culture, HubSpot has been named a top workplace by Glassdoor, Fortune, Entrepreneur, and more.
HubSpot was founded in 2006. We’re headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and we have offices in Dublin (Ireland), Sydney (Australia), Portsmouth, New Hampshire, Singapore, Tokyo (Japan), Berlin (Germany), and Bogotá (Colombia).
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Recruiting Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.