My client, based in Guildford, are a key player in the automotive industry. They are currently recruiting for a Commodity Buyer.
On offer is a very competitive salary, benefits (including a 1 pm finish on Fridays) and pension.
This exciting opportunity has arisen within the Central division of the company for the position of Commodity Buyer- Powertrain based in Guildford within the Group Procurement Department and reporting to the Strategic Procurement Manager.
In this role the individual will be responsible for cost reduction, ensuring supplier completion and managing commodity footprint to support business as follows:
* Cost reduction
* Ensure Supplier competition
* Manage Commodity footprint to support business
As a key member of the Procurement team the role will include the following tasks:-
* Global commodity management for a defined group of commodities
* Developing and utilising supply market intelligence for commercial gain
* Maximising supplier competition and collaboration opportunities as appropriate
* Designing and implementing RFQ's, tenders and auctions as appropriate
* Delivering target cost reduction and value improvement opportunities
* Commercial negotiations for defined commodities with suppliers
* Creating commodity strategies
* Monitoring commodity price movements and maximising cost opportunities as a result.
* Developing risk management strategies for specific commodities
* Maintaining and developing relationships with all key stakeholders
* Ensuring effective management of key supplier performance
* Identifying, introducing and developing new suppliers for commercial gain
* Deliver cost reduction targets
* Deliver global commodity strategy
This is a key role to fulfil; the successful candidate should have the following attributes and be able to demonstrate experience of the following:-
* Thorough knowledge of all aspects of procurement and commodity management in the automotive sector - including sourcing, commercial negotiation, supplier management and global sourcing is required
* Excellent commercial & business acumen
* Excellent supplier relationship management skills
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Excellent negotiation and persuasion skills.
* Ability to convince others and influence outcomes.
* Ability to work in cross-functional teams to achieve business goals and objectives.
* Ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally
* Ability to plan activities, meet assigned schedules and achieve planned targets and objectives.
* Familiar with TCOO models and principles
* Good working knowledge of Materials MRP/ERP Systems
* 3 years in a similar role
* The candidate should preferably have a professional qualification in Purchasing or Supply (such as CIPS) or a relevant business degree
If this role sounds like something you could be interested in, please press apply now.